Sale PSA: A bunch of sites have taken their sale on further reductions. This classic black biker jacket from Joseph, now under $950, a gorgeous wrap lace dress from Ganni, now 60% off (just $100 for a great NYE option), a chic long sleeved jersey dress with great reviews from Anthony Thomas Melillo, now 60% off/under $130, and great convertible boots from Chloe, now 60% off.
1. For those of you who like myself that like to torture yourself with full priced items in the midst of sale season – I present this Acne coat.
I’ve been searching for a gorgeous long coat for a long time, after my #1, this ivory Joseph coat I have featured in a prior weekend update, never came back in stock in my size (boohoo!). It’s also available in Navy at Matches (also mostly sold out, ugh) and Forward.
2. LOVE this gossipy article, via The NY Post, about Anna Wintour and the annual Vanity Fair Oscars party. Have you ever been to either (Vanity Fair or Met Gala?). Which one’s harder to get into?
3. Have you ever heard of LuLaRoe? I have, and though I’ve always tried not to judge its designs (sometimes unsuccessfully), I can understand the appeal of a life where you wear leggings all day. This article, via The LA Times, describes some of the craze’s origins as well as some of the lawsuits the company is now facing.
4. This article is totally petty but you can’t help but read on, via The Cut, about two Instagrammers feuding over copying claims on Instagram.
5. This week I finished an extraordinary book, Behind The Beautiful Forevers, by Katherine Boo.
Behind the Beautiful Forevers is the true story of the hidden world of one of Mumbai’s “slums”, and the hopes, aspirations, and every day troubles and triumphs of those who dwell within. The raw material is so compelling that I would probably have read it through regardless, but Boo is such a talented writer and by the time you finish it, you really have an understanding into how much time, research, and compassion went into this book. This is one of the best books I’ve read all year (my book favorites list is coming soon) and I’ll be thinking about it for a long time to come. Highly recommended.