Sale PSA: The gorgeous Ascot tote from The Row is finally on sale, for 30% off, stretch corduroy skinny pants from Kut From The Kloth, now under $50 (I love cords and buy them every winter), Golden Goose Superstar sneakers, now 50% off, a very pretty ruffle wrap front romper from Nicholas, now 65% off, and a cozy fleece peacoat from Free People, now under $90.
1. What do we all think of this MSGM coat?
I’ve been eyeing it for some time, and it’s part of my annoying why didn’t it go on sale list, along with some Ulla Johnson pieces. But maybe it’s because the price is already quite good. I’m kind of torn – the material looks sleek and cool, but there might be too many ruffles. What do we think? And also, did a bunch of stuff on your list make it to sale or were there quite a few holdouts?
2. Do you remember when Rihanna had her 777 tour? I completely forgot about that. Could you imagine her team having something like this now? It just seems like she is on a roll and has her business strategy down. A flashback, via Mashable.
3. Do you like fashion drama? I do? First, check out this op-ed from the former editor of British Vogue, Alexandra Shulman, on what makes a great magazine editor (via Business of Fashion).
Then, read about the ensuing uproar (via The Guardian).
4. I liked this article (partially because I would bring my nanny everywhere with me if I could, she makes travel with children infinitely better). Via The NY Times – Where Are All The Nannies On Instagram?
5. This week I read Reset, by Ellen Pao.
I have unreasonably strong feelings about Ellen Pao. Basically, I’m a huge fan. Yes I know all about the nasty bits, or at least the claims (and I have linked to articles about them on the blog in the past), but I think what she did in her lawsuit with KPCB was so incredibly brave and for that I don’t really care what she may or may not be like personally, I simply admire her incredible courage. I’d like to think I could have done what she did in the same circumstances, but I’m not sure if I could be so brave. Reset is the story of her background, and what led to her lawsuit against Kleiner Perkins and what happened to her during and after. Recommended if all the recent sexual harassment allegations makes your blood boil and you constantly wonder what more can and should be done. And also – she’s funny!