1. For those looking for a great winter boot, this Aquatalia pair is one of the best I’ve seen in a while. Obviously others think so too, as I haven’t been able to find my size!
Perfect heel, perfect toe, gorgeous supple leather…this is seriously a perfect boot, which you could wear for hours walking around the city, but would still look smart paired with a skirt for casual drinks. The only drawback is the price, which is quite high for Aquatalia. I might try to wait for sale for this one, but sizes are running out.
PS: You can find the suede versions here; from personal experience I can vouch that Aquatalia suede does quite well in wet weather!
2. For those who have been following the ongoing drama at Theranos, an update on the saga via John Carreyou of The WSJ on one of the original whistleblowers – Tyler Schultz, the grandson of George Schultz, aka one of the board members (still) of Theranos.
3. Have you heard of Philipp Plein? I hadn’t until I read this article via The Standard UK, about this fast growing fashion brand. His designs are not my aethesthic so I have to admit that my bias causes me to think that these brands don’t have longevity. Clearly, I am wrong (and Plein has a whole clientele list of football players and pop stars to prove it).
4. A very cute video via Victoria Beckham about what’s in her bag. I always like Victoria on video, she’s very funny and charming. If you can’t view the embedded video, find it here.
5. This week, I’m re-reading an old favorite of mine, I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb.
I first read this book more than a decade ago, and it has nice memories for me because it’s one of the few books I recommended to my father that he actually read and enjoyed. It’s a great book for anyone looking to just escape over the holidays in a good fiction…it is quite long (which I consider an asset when the reading is good!). If you haven’t already read this one, I’d recommend.