1. I am currently obsessed (obsessed!) with this J.W. Anderson bag. I saw it in person at Barney’s, but didn’t have time to stop and check out important details (like the price, ha). So imagine my pleasant surprise when I found it on Matches, and saw the very reasonable (for a designer) bag price: $1265.
I love everything about this bag – the shoulder length, the decent amount of storage, the slim profile, and especially that open ring – one of my favorite hardware details I’ve seen lately. There are multiple colorways, but my favorites are the black/white combo and this tan. For some reason I just think the particular shade of tan/camel really sets off the gold hardware. What do you all think?
2. An interesting article, via the WSJ, about Kate Spade’s next act – When is Kate Spade not Kate Spade?
3. Do any of you wear Pandora charm bracelets? For some reason I’ve never gotten into them – maybe because I really don’t need another expensive habit! I’d love to hear your experiences. Here’s a great article, via Racked, about the brand and how it’s reached success.
4. An article via The Huffington Post – 5 Things Childfree People Want You To Know. I love having a son and couldn’t imagine my life without him, but I certainly don’t think everyone needs kids, and I definitely understand the environmental aspect.
5. An actually quite adorable video from Vogue – watch Anna Wintour and Amy Schumer swap lives. I don’t always like the videos that US Vogue does, so this was a nice surprise.
5. No new reading for me this week, so sharing an old pick that – Game Change, by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, which follows the 2008 US Presidential election with Obama vs. McCain.
I’m not usually a person who reads political non fiction, but I loved Game Change – probably because it’s quite gossipy. Especially with the craziness that is the Presidential election in the US right now, this makes for fascinating reading (and I’m praying that Heilemann and Halperin are working for something in the 2016 election!). Recommended if you have any interest in politics.