1. I feel like this summer, there are so many great flat sandal options! This week I’m sharing another one that I saw in person the other day (in the gorgeous shade of red shown below), by Vince Camuto.
My ideal flat sandals are never actually entirely flat – I always prefer a slight wedge instead. I find it more flattering to the leg, and also more comfortable – there’s a bit of padding so your foot isn’t hitting the ground directly. There’s been a bunch of great options this summer, and this one is under $100 to boot. I’m just deciding between the neutral and the red!
2. Here’s an article, via The Telegraph UK, about husbands who fly business class while their wives sit back in economy. What do you all think? I can share that this isn’t the case in our household…either we all sit up front, or we all sit in the back.
3. I somehow missed this news – that Maria Grazia Chiuri (formerly of Valentino) is the new creative director of Dior. The NY Times has a great breakdown on the appointment and what it means, including an interesting anecdote that she had tried out for the job nearly two decades ago!
4. Do you use Birchbox? I tried it for a bit, but I ended up canceling years ago. I found this article on the current state of the company, via Racked, quite interesting – Is This the End of Birchbox? If you’re a more current subscriber, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
5. This week, I finished Finders Keepers, from Stephen King.
Finders Keepers is kind of a sequel to Mr. Mercedes (it’s the second book of a three part series), but each can be read independently. It centers around the long lost, never published works of a reclusive famous writer (bearing striking similarities to John Updike). I’d write more, but I don’t want to give away the story. I did enjoy it a lot, and even more than the first in the series (Mr. Mercedes). If you’re looking for a good crime/detective thriller (or a fan of Stephen King), I’d recommend Finders Keepers.