Holiday sales have come, and well…are still going it seems, but I’m pretty sure I’ve indulged enough for the season. Here are some of the items I ended up picking up, both keepers and returns.
1. Stella McCartney dress, 70% off. Stella makes a version of this classic crewneck dress each season, and though I’ve eyed it many a time, I never tried it on as I generally gravitate towards v-necks. I saw the always stylish Alice wearing the newest spring season version (so pretty!) of it though, and thought it looked great. So when I saw this blossom print pop at at Saks, I ordered (successfully after my 5th attempt or so…what’s with Saks’ buggy website)? Anyway, I love the print – it reminds me a bit of comic books. And it’s quite comfortable as well, thanks to the elastic waist.
Status – keeping
2. Erdem Kenya printed dress, 60% off. I thought I would definitely end up keeping this dress, since I love the other Erdem dress that I own. When I pulled it out, I immediately fell in love with the print and the weight of the fabric. But when I put it on, a clear problem emerged – yup, I could not zip it all the way up! I bought my normal size (UK 6), but I guess I needed one bigger. The problem is, the rest of the dress seemed to fit…going bigger may have been too big. And in the meantime, UK 8 sold out anyway.
3. Nicholas Kirkwood Ava sandals, 70% off. You can also find these, in more sizes available, at Saks (for a lesser discount though…grr). After baby, I swore I was done with heels. Actually, I made that vow during pregnancy, as soon as I started to visibly waddle. Yet the lure of beautiful shoes was too tempting this season…especially with so many great deals! The discount on these Kirkwoods was too good to resist, not to mention their relatively reasonable 85mm heel. When they arrived, I tried them on and they were more comfortable than many of my heels – maybe because of the lace up bootie style.
Deep down I know that my lifestyle really isn’t one conducive to mesh and suede booties right now…yet some part of me really loves these, and they look cool on.
Status – keeping…for now!
4. Alice & Olivia Sweater Top, 65% off. I love the cropped sweater/layered blouse look (what can I say, one of my favorite fashion movies is Clueless). But it can be hard to get just right…and if it’s the wrong blouse I end up with lumps. I picked up this sweater/blouse combo for 65% off during a Neiman Marcus sale on a lark, half expecting that I’d want to return it. But it’s actually a winner. I’ve already worn it a few times so far – once with just plain black pants above, and another time with a little black mini and tights.
Status – keeping
5. PJ Salvage Thermal Pajamas, 33% off. What can I say? The siren call of cats in hats was too irresistable, and I had to purchase. I love the cozy thermal material of these, and also the jogger style of the pants. I’m a shortie so all of my pajama pants either have to be cropped style or altered – otherwise they drag on the ground. The elastic bottoms of the pants in this set solve that problem easily for me. Yes I kind of look like I’m wearing harem pants…but I think the pink and the cats negates that, no? Anyone?
Status – keeping!
What were some of your sale purchases this holiday season?