1. Every sale season, it feels like I end up doing what I like to refer to as the “crossing fingers for more reductions and my size still being in stock” waiting game. The whole saga begins when I start scrolling through the sale section of websites, happily finding some beautiful items – woohoo, they’re on discount!– only to discover that they’re a mere 20-30% off and thus still stratospherically priced to a mere mortal such as myself. This Alexander McQueen stretch cady dress, at 30% off, is one of those items.
For these pieces, I end up bookmarking them and going back to them once second markdowns have begun (and hoping for that elusive holy grail…70% off). What are you all bookmarking out there?
2. I thought this article about Kate Hudson being a fashion star, despite the fact that she hasn’t had box office success in a decade, to be an interesting read (though also quite snarky for The NY Times? Maybe the writer hated How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days?).
3. This is an older article, via The Guardian UK, referencing an earlier Chanel season (which is now on sale!) – Paris Salzburg, but I just found it myself and I loved reading about the work done by the various house ateliers for each collection. So beautiful and and truly makes you appreciate Chanel clothing (and maybe takes some of the sting out of the price tags…). The accompanying photographs are gorgeous, too.
4. On the topic of Chanel, I love this video on “The Making of the Cardigan”. Did you ever think so much effort and love could go into a cardigan? I have a version of this from the same season and it’s one of my favorites.
5. Finally one more video, which some of you may have already seen floating around out there – Instagram Husband. No new reading recommendation this week…I’ve been under the weather unfortunately! I hope you all have a great weekend!