It’s almost the year end, so before it’s too late, I decided to put together my favorites of 2015. As I was writing this post, I realized that many of my picks were from the second half of the year. But I guess that makes sense, as I was pregnant for the first eight months of 2015…and sad to say, I would happy to never see most of my maternity items ever again (although one of the favorite items I wore, this Free People embroidered maxi, is now 65% off). Here we go!
1. Chanel Spring 2015 jacket . This is one of my favorite jacket purchases ever. I was hesitant at first since I thought it was more of a business style (it was also sold as a suit and skirt set). However, the zipper makes it a little younger I feel…and the slightly cropped sleeves. The material is classic Chanel, but isn’t too delicate of a tweed weave (some of the Lesage fabrics, as gorgeous as they are, look like they might fall apart if you just sneeze close to them). And, it’s quite comfortable. Chanel ready to wear is so expensive that I always am a little apprehensive…but I’m really happy with this one.
2. Free People lace trim tunic. Doesn’t look like much, but so easy to layer over leggings and to pair with a little cardigan. I will say that I only wear this as a top. I do not wear this as a dress under any circumstances…I am not shaped like a Hadid sister (unfortunately). It’s a little bit more feminine than the oversized shirts I’ve been wearing mostly over leggings, yet just as comfortable. It’s one of those items that doesn’t stand out immediately in the closet, but I’ll always find myself wearing at least once per week.
3. Everlane Street Shoes. I wear these all the time. They’re the perfect flats to wear for casual occasions when I know I’ll be doing quite a bit of walking, but don’t want to wear actual trainers. They will be my go to tourist shoe going forward – I can walk for miles in them and won’t feel too sloppy (even a casual lover like myself got a little sheepish wearing Asics in the dining room at Le Meurice). I highly recommend them – by the way, I ended up taking my true size in these. My first round, I took a size larger given the sites recommendation, and they were too big.
5. Goyard Belvedere Bag. Well actually my favorite bag this year was my Kelly Ghillies, because it’s beautiful and it was a gift chosen by my husband. But this one deserves a special mention because I really think its underrated, and such a beautiful piece. It’s light and perfect all year round. You can see my full review here. You can’t find Goyard online, but occasionally I’ve seen Belvederes pop up on The Real Real, and Fashionphile (mine is the PM size).
6. Ann Taylor tie neck blouses. I have two of these and they’re one of the best items that I’ve seen from Ann Taylor in a long time. I love bow neck blouses, but I’m really picky about them. I don’t like them when they have just a bow over a regular shirt with no buttons….and I also prefer if the blouse has a v-neck shape, so that I can wear the bow at the neck or lower. These are perfect and can go easily with a skirt or pants. Winner!
All right…so those are some of my favorites of 2015. I still have to do my favorite books – I think I’ll include those in an upcoming weekend update post. I’d love to hear some of your favorite items that you added to your closet this year!