1. Am I the last person in the world to find out about the sunglasses brand Le Specs (worn by the great Kate, below)?
I had no idea about this brand but recently saw a pair on my friend, who told me that her pair which I had thought were Thierry Lasry, were actually from Le Specs, and under $100. Full price! I was very happy as I’m a bit of a sunglass nut, but am unfortunately have a penchant for the crazier styles and colors which always end up making me look like an alien, and horrifying Mr. Feather in the process. I ordered a few styles from Le Specs, including the classic black Half Moon (which Kate is wearing), which clocks in at $59! I did order them from Nordstrom, as I’m not sure about the quality and always feel safe ordering from Nordstrom versus smaller boutiques in cases of unknown quality. Will report back.
2. Instagram/social media users – have you read this guide on The Instagram Rules, written by Hayley Bloomingdales for Vogue (thank you for the link, S!).
3. A quick update on J.Crew from Bloomberg – Why J.Crew Decided To Ditch High Fashion. I stopped by my local J.Crew the other day to check out the new offerings. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the new offerings, in particular the Regent Blazer. I hope they keep it up. I did note that the shop was almost entirely empty.
4. Not fashion related, but I thought I’d share a poignant and bittersweet article about love and relationships which I think is one of the most honest I’ve read, via the NY Times: We Were A Party of Two, But Never Quite Alone.
5. My reading this week- My Brilliant Friend, by Elena Ferrante.
I’m almost finished with this book, and I can say that it’s a great, very raw and honest read about female friendships and growing into womanhood. Despite the cover, I wouldn’t mistake it for anything like a Pollyanna type read – My Brilliant Friend is set in Italy in a poor and violent neighborhood, and goes into searing detail into the violence that even young girls feel as a result towards themselves, others and their environment. I’d suggest reading some reviews before trying out the book – but I’m a fan so far, and will be reading more books by Elena Ferrante (not her real name by the way – the author is unknown).
Have a great weekend!