Each year, when the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale comes rolling around, I get quite excited, but usually end up keeping only 3-5 items from what starts as a gargantuan list. This year, I thought I might take a break from the sale, but the catalogs I received all seem to have some really tempting items. Early Access started today for Nordstrom cardholders, and so here are some of my top picks. I tried to be extra selective this year, and only choose items that I thought were a) unique and a good value, b) truly a real “sale” versus just a cheaper item marked up, and c) unlikely to go on further discount (which sometimes happens with the less popular Anniversary sale goodies). I hope you find this helpful, and please share your picks as well!
1. (Left side) Longchamp “Le Pliage Cuir” leather tote: $355 ($530 after sale). Exactly as it sounds – the all leather version of Longchamp’s classic Le Pliage nylon tote. A great streamlined leather tote that you can take to work or use casually. Plus unlike the nylon version, the Cuir has a zip pocket inside, and interior wall pockets too.
Comes in camel, cherry, and black.
2. (Right side) Chloe “Marcie” leather tote: $1370 ($1900 after sale). I very rarely will ever advise this, but since Nordstrom has a fabulous return policy – if you are in the market for a versatile leather tote and you’re interested in this but kind of on the fence, I’d still pull the trigger now. Worst case, you can return later. I’ve noticed that the “Marcie” totes tend to sell out very early – I always get emails each year about them. They pop in and out of stock, but in the very beginning why not take advantage of all the colors and inventory?
Gorgeous tote, fits a ton, classic colors like black, gray, camel, blue, and pink.
3. Longchamp Expandable Tote: $130 ($200 full price). I got such great feedback on a past sale PSA on Longchamp totes that I had to include this Longchamp too. This expandable tote is usually included in each year’s sale, and always sells out fast. I tried to arrange the pictures so you could see exactly how the tote works, and how large it is.
4. Barbour “Brocklane” waterproof quilted jacket: $230 ($350 after sale). I adore my Barbour jacket, and Mr. Feather loves his too. They are one of the best outerwear values out there, and when they say they’re waterproof – they really mean it. The original waxed cotton versions (you can find “the Badminton” on sale here) can sometimes feel too stiff to those new to Barbour, so I always recommended a softer version like the Brocklane above. This navy combo is classic, and I love the removable hood.
5. Max Mara reversible double faced wrap: $600 ($1000 full price). This is so gorgeous and versatile. You can buy it and you’ll wear it for the rest of your life. It can be used as a regular piece of outerwear, as a cape, shawl, over formal dresses and casual jeans and tee. It can be an airplane blanket. I absolutely adore my Max Mara camel coat and the Anniversary sale price is wonderful. I wouldn’t expect this to last long.
6. Barefoot Dreams Drape Front cardigan: $61 ($92 full price). I snagged one of these during last year’s sale and kind of thought it was a bunch of hype. But hey – it was pretty inexpensive, so why not? Well….I buy into the hype. I basically wear mine constantly around the house, it’s like a more chic robe that you can also wear outside, on the plane, etc. I’ve washed mine a bunch of times and it still looks great. I’m picking up either the navy or oatmeal stripe this year. Sizing wise, I took the small/medium and it’s fine!
By the way, this is another item which if you’re on the fence about, I’d recommend snapping up right away and then deciding later!
7. Zella “Live In” Leggings: $34 ($52 full price). I buy 1-2 pairs each and ever sale. My favorite black leggings ever. I will buy forever.
8. Chanel Travel Makeup Palette, $95. Under $100 for anything from Chanel is a steal. A basic eyeshadow quad from the brand is already $61 for goodness sake! I love the colors in this palette – it is truly great for travel, with versatile shades for day and night. Also would make a fabulous gift.
9. NEST Fragrances Classic Candle Duo, $50 ($64 full price). Two of my favorite NEST scents – Sicilian Tangerine and Grapefruit – together in this very well priced set. NEST candles are great quality and are some of my favorites. Another gift suggestion!
10. Bony Levy “Aurora” ring: $600 ($900 full price). I always have admired Bony Levy’s items in each sale, but this ring really attracted my attention. I just think it’s such a simple and versatile piece – yet sparkles like crazy and still makes a statement. Considering that Chanel costume jewelry is now easily past $1,000 for many pieces these days, I think a 18k gold ring with diamonds for $600 is a nice price, especially if you wear it all the time. Seriously, seriously considering!
Are you shopping Early Access? What are your selections?