I always like to see what people carry with them everyday in their bag (I’m nosy like that), and since I’ve had a few reader requests to see the contents of my bag, I thought I would share some of my favorite items today.
1. Comme des Garcons zip wallet. I have a few wallets/card cases that I use on and off, but this French wallet is my sturdy standby. Super easy to use, not too huge but holds everything I need, and has one of the best designed coin pouches I’ve seen. I’m still thinking of picking up an Hermes Silk In at some point just to have a fun color…but this guy really does it all.
2. LeSportsac cosmetic case. I love LeSportsac for fun little pouches – super durable, easy to clean, and they always have the coolest patterns. This triple zip from the collaboration with Olympia Le-Tan is my current favorite, the pattern makes me smile. Adorable! Holds all my cosmetics needed for the day and earphones, extra tea bags, etc.
3. Business card case. I found this particular one from Japan, but another great option is this initial version from Kate Spade, and it’s only $30. I always keep a separate card case, makes it easier to hand mine out without hauling out my huge wallet. It’s a particular preference of mine.
4. Huge cashmere/silk blend shawl. I always have one in my bag, even in the summer, although sometimes it’ll be a cotton/silk blend instead. The one pictured is from one of my favorite recent Hermes patterns – Zebra Pegasus – and half the time probably I’m carrying one Hermes GM or another. The rest of the time I usually have one of my trusty solid Nordstrom tissue weight cashmeres.
5. Faure Le Page gun pouch. I got addicted to Faure le Page last year when I was in Paris, and ended up with various pouches, a keychain, and a tote (to be reviewed later, hopefully). This gun pouch is such a unique design, though I have to admit it doesn’t fit as much as say, a square shaped one. I usually have my keys inside, and when I travel maybe metro ticket stubs, etc.
6. Sunglasses. Do I need to say anything more?
7. Trusty bear. Because I like these guys and I have a bunch in different colors from a trip to Japan a few years back. Serves to do nothing but make me smile and occasionally gets clipped to the outside of my bag.
8. Smythson pocket notebook. I’m addicted to Smythson paper products – one of my guilty pleasures for sure. The paper is super thin but doesn’t bleed (amazing) and my husband proposed to me on Smythson stationery. So I’m justified, right? This particular notebook was a gift from a wonderful friend. I probably go through a journal every six months or so, and I have a bunch of versions from various brands that I use for different reasons going at the same time.
9. iPhone 6 Plus. What I stare at when I’m in a waiting room and pretending to be busy and important.
10. Kindle Paperwhite (not pictured). I love my Kindle and take it everywhere I can, but of course there is a weight tradeoff. More often than not however, I’ll have it with me. There’s nothing worse than being unexpectedly stuck somewhere and knowing that I could be happily whittling the time away reading…if only I had remembered my Kindle! One of my favorite tech purchases, ever.
All right…now what’s in your bag?