December isn’t over yet, but I feel confident enough at this point that I can start to list out some of my favorite purchases of the year. Enjoy!
1. Black Hermes Bolide, size 35cm: I added this bag early on in the year, since my mom took possession of my 31cm size (I did a comparison of the two sizes, here). I love it and it is the perfect size for travel and for cramming all of my daily work items. I think this bag has had more random pieces of fruit and water bottles rolling around in it than any others. I also love its Fjord leather – I wish I could get more bags in this hardy leather!
2. Barton Perreira Ronette sunglasses: I am a sunglasses fiend and continually subject my shopping partners to long try outs at the glasses counters. My favorite brand currently is Barton Perreira – I love their styles, they’re quite wearable and the quality is really good too. The style I own from them is called the “Ronette” – a soft cat eye and it comes in the coolest colors – all neutrals, but with something special about each. The only problem is the price, of course…much more than some competitors, more in the Chanel range.
3. Anthropologie “Signe” dress (review here): I am still very happy with these dresses…really easy to wear, floaty, and the most important two words: machine washable.
4. Black Chanel jacket (review here): I had wanted to add the classic black tweed Chanel button down jacket for years, but kept getting distracted by other ready to wear options. I finally added one this year (at 50% off, yahoo!) and I should have bought it earlier. So easy to wear and it’s my new go to “business casual” black jacket.
5. Tadashi floral sequin sheath dress: I discovered Tadashi this year and am a new fan of the brand. Yes, some of the dresses are a little “older” looking, but I think that’s part of the genius of the brand – it’s made to fit and flatter a wide range of sizes and ages. This floral sequin dress is a little more youthful and I love the shape, it’s my new wedding guest dress. If you do buy it, it runs a tad large.
6. Saint Laurent Tributes: Not pictured, but I added another pair this year in classic black patent in the higher heel. I tried to find another high heeled sandal, especially since I keep reading that the platform is “over”, but really nothing has been nearly as comfortable. And after about 3 hours of standing at any given formal event, that’s all I care about. Glad that Hedi Slimane wasn’t able to kill off this best seller!
What were some of your favorite purchases in 2014?