1. This week I thought I would share with you one of the items on my “only if it goes on sale and then I’ll have to still think about it wishlist”, for this fall/winter season.
I’ve been paying closer attention to blazers and tweeds – I think it has to do with being dragged along to a few of Mr. Feather’s tailor appointments. It’s so easy for men isn’t it – suits always look great on them, they can have the jackets and pants made exactly to their specifications, and they get to pick out the exact fabric, and everything. Looking through booklets and booklets of Loro Piana and Harrisons swatches recently made me long for some tweed houndstooth of my very own, and this Saint Laurent blazer is perfect. Unfortunately, it’s also a little under $4K – which means that I’ll be waiting for sale season, for sure!
2. I’m not the biggest fan of goop (nothing negative, I just find it sometimes boring), but I randomly found this article about founder Gwyneth Paltrow’s (and her friend’s) flying routines, and thought it was an interesting read. Lots of little flying tips and tricks that I had never heard of before (and I’ve read my share of articles!).
3. For some fun shopping (and history!) reading, I like this little piece from NY Mag: Five Shopping Sprees So Wild They Made History.
4. Some interesting and charming reading, via the NY Times, about what children eat for breakfast around the world. I loved this! What did you all eat when you were growing up? I had a mix of Asian and Western foods for my breakfasts, and I’m happy that I got to be exposed to different cultures and food from a young age. Makes eating more of an adventure now!
5. I was reminiscing earlier with a friend about some of our favorite old TV shows, and I remembered one that always made me laugh – the amazing Ali G show. I remember watching these and howling at the earliest incarnations of Borat, Bruno, and of course Ali G. The whole season is available for purchase here, but you can also find some great clips on YouTube, including one of my favorites with Newt Gingrich, below.
Have a wonderful weekend!