Here are some updates from me, from the last few weeks….!
1. Vanity Fair is one of my favorite magazines. In anticipation of their cover story on Gwyneth Paltrow which I have been eagerly waiting for (who doesn’t like a good expose?), I found a few of my favorite older articles they’ve done. Here’s a very fascinating article about a still ongoing scandal here in Silicon Valley: Sex, Lies and Lawsuits.
2. My favorite and super duper comfortable new top is by Splendid. It’s so soft and has a beautiful drape, and has become the tee I put on for work when I’m having an especially grumpy morning. It should be noted however, that the black is slightly see through, a fact I discovered when I took a picture of it on so I could show it worn! So unfortunately, no photo of me wearing it but you can see it worn here. I think without flash photography you would probably be fine wearing the top without a camisole underneath.
3. I have recently become obsessed with Lisa Elridge’s makeup channel – she is so gorgeous it is really truly unfair, and she has great tutorials. Plus, she is a big supporter of my favorite eyebrow pencil in the world – Lingering by MAC. I have to have at least two on hand (one in my handbag, one backup at home) at any given time, and freaked out in Bali when I realized I had left one at home.
4. For anyone out there who is or who has thought about working on a creative project, the book The War of Art was actually very inspiring for me. I never would have picked up a book like this, but it was a gift from a former colleague and I couldn’t put it down. Some of it veers on the “hippie dippie” side but overall a very good read if you’re feeling creatively challenged.
5. For you Collette Dinnigan fans out there – I was super sad to learn that she is closing down her line. Collette Dinnigan has always been one of my favorite designers (okay, I only own two pieces – but one was my senior prom dress!). I haven’t been able to find her main line in the U.S. for probably more than a decade now. You can shop her diffusion line, Collette, at Net-A-Porter – I’m not sure if that line will also going to be shuttered.
Have a wonderful weekend!