Wedding

Wedding Project: The Year of the Rabbit

Since our wedding is less than a week away, I wanted to share with you all a little look at one of the themes of our wedding – bunnies!

My dad is a rabbit in the Chinese zodiac and this year is also the Year of the Rabbit. We wanted to work bunnies into our theme a little bit but weren’t sure how – I was inspired though when I saw these images of a sample Easter table scape:

Images via moderngirlblog

I thought the concept was so adorable and really wanted to do something similar for our wedding. Unfortunately, I had a few issues – my lack of any kind of artistic skill, and finding ~150 or so white chocolate bunnies that could be produced, at a reasonable cost. The last part was actually really difficult – everywhere was quoting me insane prices, and for not-so-attractive looking bunnies.

I had lost all hope when I randomly came upon the facebook page for The Chocolate Chicks. The Chocolate Chicks are Aimee and Terra – two amazing women who make delicious and creative chocolate treats. I really loved their shop as soon as I saw it – I just adore small businesses and especially when they are operated with so much heart by women entrepreneurs. Simply amazing and they were incredibly professional throughout all my emails with them – they even made a small batch and did a mockup of bunnies and took photos for me, and found a bunch of bunny molds.

We agreed on a bunny and the level of white chocolate (yes there are different kinds!) and the ladies shipped my order to me, overnight from upstate New York- all at an incredibly reasonable price. Below are some photos:

What ~140 white bunnies in a box looks like…

Each one was individually wrapped and packed with care!

I was SO incredibly impressed when I opened this package – words cannot even express how I felt. I think there are so few examples now of businesses that still operate with an eye of quality, integrity, and fair prices – it is such a wonderful surprise when you come upon one. The Chocolate Chicks are definitely that type of business – I would really and truly recommend them to anybody looking for items for an event. Oh, and- the bunnies are  DELICIOUS (I had one as soon as we opened the box!)

You Might Also Like

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    August 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

The attention to detail is incredible! Your wedding will be magnificent.

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    August 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

The attention to detail is incredible! Your wedding will be magnificent.

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    August 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

The attention to detail is incredible! Your wedding will be magnificent.

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    August 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

The attention to detail is incredible! Your wedding will be magnificent.

• Schnappy
    August 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Oh, I love rabbits! Very sweet post!:)

• Jenna Lee
    August 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

How cute! Those photos are truly inspirational… I think you got it right

• verychiclist
    August 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

What a beautiful ring! Very nice idea, I've heard somewhere that the year of the rabbit is lucky for the weddings!Best wishes!

• Lydia
    August 9, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Too cute! So excited for your wedding. I hope everything goes smooth and as planned. We all are going to be there for you in a spirit! Pls. don't forget to keep us update when you have the time. You're going to be a beautiful bride!

There was no themed in my wedding. I wore this ornate, handmade red (& heavy) Indonesian wedding dress so I guess that was the themed. I just remember that there were lots of flowers (white & gold/yellow: polianthes tuberoses, roses, lilies and orchid).

• B.Inspired
    August 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I think it is great that you'll be incorporating the Rabbit Zodiac sign into your wedding. The chocolates are adorable and also the ring holder is a nice touch. I've not thought about a theme if I were to get married…

• Samantha
    August 9, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I LOVE your rabbit theme!! That is so cute and clever! And I'm so glad that you found The Chocolate Chicks – it's always wonderful when you can come up with a great idea and then execute it too (when it's reasonable)!

My wedding theme wasn't that original. Actually, my bridesmaids came up with it! (They were Caucasian and wanted to wear cheongsams!) So my dress was traditional strapless and tulle, and theirs were blue and gold cheongsams. I had a traditional bouquet and they had bamboo fans with a small bouquet attached to the front. We had chopsticks tied with ribbon at the table. It had to be simple because we were on a tight budget!

It's always fun to see what other peoples themes and ideas!

xo, sam

• homestilo
    August 9, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I'm a rabbit too! This just makes me want to say "Awwww".

• Nelah
    August 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm

The ring holder is so adorable!!! Love theme wedding and can't wait to see yours. I had two wedding ceremonies, one back in Asia and one in the US. For the wedding here, we did a Thai-Tex theme (since we are in TX). My husband, myself, his best man and my maid of honor wore traditional Thai dresses. It wad quite an interesting sight indeed.

• JC
    August 9, 2011 at 3:18 pm

What a cute theme!! I can’t wait to see what the rest of your wedding is going to look like (I’m sure fabulous). How exciting.

My husband & I had a rustic adventure theme for our wedding. We’re both adventurous, outdoorsy people so it was only natural we worked it into our wedding. Each table held a different adventure –like when we hiked Zion or the time we explored the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, best of luck on your big day! I know how stressful it can be putting together your own wedding!

• amy b.s.
    August 9, 2011 at 3:27 pm

oh my gosh this is just too cute! as my husband is a fisheries biologist and an avid fisherman, we tried to add a bit of a fishing theme to our wedding. but in very subtle and classy ways. i love the bunnies!

• Tara @ Haute Lunch
    August 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

What a cute idea! I'm glad you found a choclatier that could make the bunnies for you at a reasonable price. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of your undoubtedly gorgeous wedding! What a great day it will be! I don't have a theme yet, but hopefully I can pick one by the winter when a lot of the wedding supplies go on sale!

• Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews)
    August 9, 2011 at 3:41 pm

OH that ring holder is adorable! My friend is actually having her first baby and I am throwing a bunny themed baby shower for her 🙂

• Kim
    August 9, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I love the ring holder – too cute! My mother-in-law to be would die over the bunny theme. She had a rabbit, named Easter, for years, who lived in my brother-in-law's old bedroom 😉 He had the whole room to himself!
    As for the theme for our wedding? No clue, but it will be in Hawaii, so beach!

• Cindii
    August 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm

That is really adorable! I love your theme as I too am year of the rabbit. Lovely~ and those bunnies look so delectable.

• questforfashionsense.com
    August 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I love your ring holder! That's adorable! I also like that it's part of your wedding. The chocolate bunnies also look really cute. My wedding didn't really have a theme; if anything, I was going for an overall "mood" – classic, elegant, with a small dash of whimsy and a shake of quirkiness. ;D

• christine brightside
    August 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

what a great idea! The rabbits look adorable!

• Michelle
    August 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm

The rabbits look adorable. Good luck for you big day. Can't wait to see your dress and hear all your news. Wishing you and Mr Feathers a lovely and fun filled day.

• makeupandpearls
    August 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm

oh my god i LOVE it!

i'm going to stamp our invitations shut with a hummingbird stamp – right after he proposed on our roofdeck a hummingbird came buzzing by and paused for a bit to look at us. he sometimes comes by our window, almost as if he's checking in on us. so perhaps our centerpieces may have a hummingbird incorporated there, too.

LOVE the ring holder! all the best to you and mr feather, i hope you guys have an amazing day 🙂

• DSK Steph
    August 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I'm year of the Rabbit too! I can't believe you currently have a box full of bunnies! LOL I really like the UO ring holder! It's super cute ~ they always have the neatest jewelry holders. 🙂

• Ella Pretty Blog
    August 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Love the bunny theme – so cute (and yummy looking too!)

• HiLLjO™
    August 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm

OMG have you not seen our wedding was bunny themed, too?!!!!

• Anna
    August 9, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Sounds like you'll be having a very meticulously planned, beautiful wedding. Early congratulations – I can't wait to see the wedding photos.

I dream of… a courthouse wedding. I don't even want a ring because I'm not one for jewelry, especially on such a heavily used place as my hands. I dont want to spend money on a dress I will only wear once, so I'll borrow/rent one. My idea is simple: save the money on the wedding and use it all on a blowout vacation.

I'm just a practical girl like that 🙂

• FleurLapin
    August 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm

OMgoodness! I didn't know your wedding was coming up that quickly! Congrats and the bunny idea is so cute. I love bunnies (hence the username lol). Such a cute idea!

• Joy
    August 9, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Love the pics! Very cute theme! Also year of the rabbit ^^ and chocolate looks delicious. Early congratz!

• dashavu
    August 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm

a very cute/unique idea for a wedding!!! congratulations 🙂

• Lisa
    August 9, 2011 at 7:30 pm

aww kat that is SO CUTE!!! i love that you incorporated the chinese zodiac sign into your wedding! omgosh the chocolate bunnies are super cute and very well done.

omg i love your ring holder.. *sigh* but i love your ring even more hahahah

• Mary Lane
    August 9, 2011 at 9:50 pm

So cute! I love bunnies. We didn't have a "theme" for our wedding, really. There vintage touches (my lace gown; our band who played standards and frank sinatra, etc.), but it wasn't a "vintage" wedding.

I love your ring – gorgeous!

• La Professionnelle
    August 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm

OMG first let me say I'm happy for you and your wedding!! Seems like you are putting great thought and personal touches into it!

And in the most non-offensive way possible let me honestly say I am glad the sign if your story is the rabbit and not the rat 😀

And your ring made my heart skip! I did not think I was a fan of a solitaire but with that size and brilliance–OMG! Super congrats!! I wish you the best!! And I'm following with hopes of wedding pics to come!!

XOXO

• Jacquelyn
    August 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Those rabbits are so cute!! I still have many years to think about what theme I want my wedding to be haha.

XOXO
    styleworthwhile.blogspot.com

• Bad Joan
    August 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm

These rabbits are so cute!

GTBB,

• Mrs. Hot Cocoa
    August 9, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I love love love the rabbits! I can't wait to see them "in action"!

• Sammie
    August 10, 2011 at 12:45 am

I think its such a cute idea that you incorporated the rabbits/bunnies! ps. I have the same ring holder 🙂

• Natasha
    August 10, 2011 at 1:21 am

What a great idea…I love the rabbit theme. I can't wait to see the final product with the chocolate and more wedding ideas.

• Finley
    August 10, 2011 at 1:28 am

This is so ridiculously adorable, I can't stand it! LOVE! How great that you carried the theme 🙂 My dad was Year of the Rabbit too. I'm so happy & thankful he was there to walk me down the aisle.

Can't wait for the big day! xo
    {mommy chic} design. style. kids. life.

• Sarah M.
    August 10, 2011 at 1:41 am

AHHH OH MY GOD THEY ARE JUST TOO CUTE. What a great touch – something cute AND edible (I don't know about you, but I'm a white chocolate fiend…and I'm sure some of your guests are too!). I can't WAIT to see pictures of your wedding – I'm sure it won't be anything short of spectacular 🙂

xx from Montreal,

Sarah
    I Bleed Fashion

• everyonescelebrity
    August 10, 2011 at 1:55 am

Sooooo cute! I love rabbits!! 🙂

• Urban Jungle Fashion
    August 10, 2011 at 3:21 am

Congrats on your pending nuptials Kathrine! You KNOW you're going to have to share pictures with us! I'm so excited for you.

My wedding (you know… once i find the right man)… will have a theme of feathers. Lame right? I have my wedding dress already designed in my head and on paper. It's going to be AMAZING I want it all white with flashes of peacock feathers everywhere…

a girl can dream.

• Julie Khuu
    August 10, 2011 at 3:25 am

Too too cute hun! Love how you were inspired by something so mundane, yet used in a perfectly unique way! Khuudos, doll!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog babe, hope to see you back real soon!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

• LV
    August 10, 2011 at 4:47 am

This is so cute! What an adorable post. I gave you a blog award:-) Please stop by to check it out…

• tiffyama
    August 10, 2011 at 6:01 am

Awwww, so adorable!!! I'm loving this bunny idea a lot. So sweet and has such a sentimental meaning. Congratulations on your wedding! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your big day! <3

• Nina
    August 10, 2011 at 9:39 am

aw 🙂 How cute! I love that ringholder!

• C'est La Viii
    August 10, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I'm a bunny! 😉 This theme is super cute! Makes me wanna get married this year! Haha!

• audrinajulia
    August 11, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I can't wait to see your wedding photos. Love the bunny theme..find it cute.You got a gorgeous ring!:)

• Melissa
    August 11, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Have I ever told you that you are SO EFFING ADORABLE!!

After following you for some time now, I just really want to meet you in the flesh!

I can't wait for you to share more about your wedding. Your fun, classy-yet-kitschy, intelligent, creative, and witty personality have really been represented in the facets of the wedding that you've shared so far. I'm so impressed! Keep it up, baby!

xxMelissa

• jelita78
    August 12, 2011 at 6:23 am

Katherine!
    Good luck in your wedding preparations and wishing all the plans go smoothly on the big day.
    Congratulations to the both of u!

• Melyssa
    August 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm

What a great idea!! I actually can't wait to see your wedding pictures!
    I'm getting married next summer and haven't planned anything yet. I only got a rough idea about the theme ^.^

• Justine
    October 9, 2011 at 6:32 am

These are SOO adorable!
    I have the exact same ring holder. I love it!

Just Better Together

• Famous Women in Business
    April 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Really cute and romantic. How I wish my boyfriend will do same for me.