Sale PSA UPDATE: Designer sales have begun all around the web! I’m working on a dedicated post for tomorrow, but here are some quick picks – a classic black Burberry trench for 40% off, a bamboo flap shoulder bag from Gucci with great reviews, now under $1200, the fantastic Fendi 2Jours mini shopper (I love this bag), now 40% off and pretty suede and patent sneakers from Lanvin in navy blue and black, now 50% off.
Low heeled cork sandals from Vince Camuto in tan and black, now under $80 (also check out these cage wedge sandals from the same brand, under $100), a really cool split sleeve bomber jacket from DKNY, now under $300, an embellished Falabella shoulder bag from Stella McCartney, now 50% off/under $450, and classic Acne Pistol boots, now 55% off.
Here are couple of my outfits from the past two weeks – I’ve been trying to get these posts up sooner before items sell out, I’m going to try to be even faster as the cargo dress below is going quickly!
I mentioned before in a Weekend Update that I’ve found a new love for J.Crew – this cargo dress has to be one of my favorite purchases from the brand this season. The fabric is a light linen blend that’s perfect for summer, and it’s a pullover style that’s still nipped in at the waist a bit (so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a tent). A great casual dress, and if you have a more relaxed workplace, you could also wear it to the office. Super versatile! It does require ironing once you machine wash it – as you can tell, I didn’t do the most thorough job, but I think this dress looks good a little “rumpled”. If when you check it is sold out – keep checking back as it comes back in stock. Who knew J.Crew items were flying out so quickly, huh? Also – I’m wearing a size 0P, for those who asked!
I’m wearing these with my favorite Gucci Marmonts – the black leather is my favorite version. I will admit that I’ve repeated this exact outfit a few times already…its just so easy to wear both day and evening and looks appropriate during both. Continue Reading
Happy Friday! First a quick note that I apologize I haven’t been on a regular posting schedule lately – the Japan posts take a lot of time to put together, so I’ve temporarily gone to two times a week posting. I hope to get back to three soon!
1. J.Crew is having a great sale right now for 30% off your order of $200 or more (easy to do at J.Crew) with code “SPRINGSTYLE”. My favorite item is this great cropped trench coat. I love it (and check out the back detailing).
It’s a great piece for spring. Other items I like are this knotted maxi dress (so easy to wear), striped pom pom scarf, and a striped eyelet dress. I have a big soft spot for eyelet, and this dress is a modern interpretation.
2. Those with an interest in jewelry (or aspiring international thieves) might find this article about how the “stupidity” of one of the culprits of the recent Harry Winston jewels heist was caught. Via the NY Times.
3. I love this little interview with Karl Lagerfeld, from The Cut. He sounds a bit drunk and quite a bit eccentric, but I once had a boss like this and he ended up being a genius, so I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the results speak for themselves, no? Continue Reading
Hi everybody – I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! There are tons of sales on right now, so I have put together some of what I’ve been shopping…I’ll keep updating throughout the weekend!
Nordstrom: Up to 40% off a wide selection of items.
There are way too many goodies to list so for today, I focused on pumps since Nordstrom has some great ones on sale.
Left to right:
1. Jimmy Choo Allure Pump, ($625/$438 after discount): One of my favorite kitten heels ever – I love how there’s a little bit of a menswear inspiration in it. Just FYI, Mr. Feather was very happy to see me ordering a pump called “Allure” – only to discover it was much more a practical work pump vs. a femme fatale super heel.
2. Manolo Blahnik BB Pump, ($695/$452 after discount): The classic Manolo in a beautiful iridescent blue finish.
3. Jimmy Choo Abel Pump, ($595/$387 after discount): Choo’s classic high heeled pump – I love the cut of this pump, and the pink suede is a great statement color.
4. Prada Mary Jane Hooded Pump, ($950/$570 after discount): I love this shoe! It has everything – leopard calfskin, a mary jane style, with a little hooded detail to add some interest as you walk away. A unique and versatile pump.
J.Crew: 30% off full priced styles, 40% off sale prices with code “HOLIDAY”
Clockwise from top corner left:
1. Cashmere Cable Sweater, ($298/$209 after discount): One of my favorite items from J.Crew this season. It’s hard to find the perfect cable detailing on a sweater and this is it. Continue Reading
I am a cashmere addict. I love sweaters in general, and my favorite part of fall/winter is feeling cozy in a warm, super comfortable knit. And my warm fabric? Cashmere. Over the years I’ve amassed a slightly shameful collection of cashmere items…I buy at least a few per spring/fall season and can’t resist fingering the cashmere offerings from any clothing store I happen to be in.
Some of my favorites…and disappointments
The last few years however, I’ve noticed an unfortunate decline in the quality of cashmere from some of my favorite former main stays. Happily though, I’ve also found some great, lasting items…and some from really affordable designers.
Here are some of my favorite cashmere resources, as well as my nominations for best value, best overall, and worst in cashmere.
Best value: Old Navy/Gap, 360 Sweater
Gap/Old Navy: I list these two brands even though it seems that both have discontinued stocking 100% cashmere items. I wonder if it’s because there wasn’t demand (this seems unlikely) or if they were no longer to meet their quality standards at a certain price? It’s a shame because one of my most durable cashmere items is actually from Old Navy – a gray hoodie that I’ve never treated very preciously, yet it’s survived very well over the years. The zipper is higher quality that a similar J.Crew hoodie I tried out this year for something like 4X the price.
Edited to add that a wonderful reader, Poupak notified me that Gap is still stocking cashmere! I still need to get to the stores to take look but my pick is this cashmere hoodie.
360 Sweater: One of my favorite workhorse cashmere sweaters is from 360 Sweater – a deep v-neck boyfriend style called the Luci. I bought it on a whim and probably wear it every week. It’s gotten softer with wear, and hasn’t suffered from excessive pilling at all. This was my first piece from 360 Sweater and I wouldn’t hesitate to get more. I was happy to find this brand as I always find trying out new contemporary brands a bit of a crapshoot in terms of quality. Continue Reading