Sale PSA: A cashmere crop sweater from FRAME, now 40% off, a long shawl collar cardigan from Caslon, now just under $50 (great affordable kick around item), cropped floral pants from Altuzarra, now 70% off (I like that these aren’t final sale, either), and a great shawl jacquard tote from DODO BAR OR, now under $100 (with an additional 20% off).
1. I know it’s cold everywhere but today I’m sharing a very cheery, very pretty fun yellow dress.
This is actually kind of a knockoff of an Isabel Marant dress that has been around for quite a few seasons now, but I feel OK sharing it because I actually tried the Isabel Marant and it was a little too frilly for my frame and plus a bunch of other brands have done their own version. This one from ASTR is my favorite, because of the pretty color, the slightly less exaggerated cut, and of course the price.
2. Do you have bitcoin? I confess I still don’t really understand how to buy it. I kind of thought about doing it for a while (as says everyone in your Facebook feed) but then give up. Check out this NY Times article, about how everybody’s getting rich off of bitcoin (but you), but then read this followup proceeding further.
3. Oh man, I don’t know how I feel about this: US Warned Jared Kushner about Wendi Deng Murdoch. What do you think? I’m a secret Wendi fan. I used to be kind of the opposite and at some point a few years ago, transitioned to fandom.
4. A very interesting article about how TV costume designers may have problems borrowing from fashion houses, via Fashionista. Did you know this? I just thought it’d be simple.
5. This week I read In The Country, by Mia Alvar, a series of short stories on men and women of the Philippines living around the world.
I’m not usually a short story reader – I like the payoff of a longer novel. I decided to pick up this book after thumbing through it at our local bookshop and immediately finding myself drawn to the first few pages. And, I wanted to learn more about the Filipino diaspora. I didn’t think I’d find myself so engrossed in these stories, but I did, and finished this book in several days. Highly recommend In The Country.