Sale PSA: A pretty pleated shift dress from Alexander McQueen, now 70% off, great velvet wide legged pants from Nili Lotan, now 60% off, a black pencil skirt with lace trim from ALC, now $173, and the perfect slouchy cashmere turtleneck sweater from Joseph, now 40% off.
1. This week, I’m sharing this great mini bucket bag from Danse Lente.
I currently have a thing for bags at that sweet spot of around $500 – Simon Miller, Longchamp, and now Danse Lente, which has some great bags, all at friendly prices. This particular bag above is my personal favorite – design is apparently Brancusi inspired, which I feel you can actually really see in its design and form. It also comes with a great long strap, and then the handle bends down and it still looks great. I’m considering the tan/brown version, think it will look great with an all black outfit.
2. What do you think of Angelababy? Do you know who she is? Read about how China’s Kim Kardashian Sparks Controversy as Dior’s Brand Ambassador.
3. I enjoyed this article, via The NY Times, The Red Carpet Is Its Own Economy.
4. My longest (in length) reading recommendation this week: an inside look into the “sex parties” which pervade Silicon Valley’s highest echelons, via Vanity Fair. I know some of you are going to really like (if that’s the right word) reading this one.
5. A bonus article this week (but it’s behind the WSJ paywall): Now You Too Can Get 1 Million Followers on Instagram. Just FYI, I have a paltry 5,000 followers, which is 1/200th of one million. You can help my self esteem by following me here.
5. This week I finished The Woman In The Window, by A.J. Finn.
If you’re a reader, you will have likely heard of this book as it just debuted at #1 on the NY Times Fiction list. I’m one of those people who loved Gone Girl and (Gillian Flynn in general), and if this is an accurate description of you as well, then I’d definitely give The Woman In The Window a go. A quick moving suspense thriller that is so well written that even if you guess all the “twists”, it’s still a good read. Enjoy!