Sale PSA: Adorable polar fleece pajamas from PJ Salvage, up to 55% off (are you cold right? Buy these and be warm and comfy in your house), a very pretty royal blue lace overlay midi dress from DVF, now just $209, a classic navy double breasted peacoat from Joseph, now 40% off, and oversized button satin mary jane pumps from Prada, now 40% off.
1. Did you get a coat this winter? I held out on all the coats I wanted (or they sold out before I was able to get to them) and I continue to consider this pink Theory coat.
The color is very pretty, no? And the cut is very nice – just a little bit boxy without being too oversized, and the length is nice and versatile. The only thing is I’m worried about such a big block of pink – if it was just a shade lighter I think it would be very easy. Still I’m really drawn to it and its already almost sold out everywhere. What do we think?
2. I know a few of you can relate to this, via The Economist – The Sad, Sick Life of the Business Traveler.
3. A fascinating article, via Racked, called Cartier Kings, about how Cartier sunglasses became one of the top status symbols in Detroit.
4. Another great travel related article, via The WSJ (FYI – paywall) about how travel agents are surviving and thriving in the age of DIY travel bookings online. Do you use an agent? I do.
5. This week, I am recommending an old favorite of mine from earlier in the year, Hunger by Roxane Gay.
I’ve purchased this book multiple times to give as gifts and only last week realized I had never posted about it on my blog. I read almost everything that Roxane Gay does – her books, her reviews, her Twitter feed, her new NY Times advice column – she’s just one of those writers whose opinions and style of writing I find easy to read and connect with. Hunger is exactly how it is described – its a memoir/autobiography, done in a series of short, elegant essays – of her life and body, and I found it a fascinating, touching, and absorbing read. Highly recommended.