Sale PSA: Pedro Garcia Yanni sandals, now 60% off, the “Elevated” style over the knee boot from Stuart Weitzman, now 40% off, beautiful silk lace up sandals from Alexandre Birman, now under $260 (also on sale at Nordstrom, but almost entirely sold out), and an adidas Originals hoodie, now under $50 (one of my favorite bumming around the house items, even if a friend did say I looked like an aspiring Kardashian)
Happy 2018! Did you have a good holiday? I performed my normal NYE routine (post children) of celebrating promptly at east coast time (aka 9 PM my time) and then eating chocolate and going to bed. My husband and I talked about whether we’d ever go out and stay up past midnight like we used to. Maybe one day. But I kind of like getting a lot of sleep. We’ll see.
Below are my 2018 wardrobe resolutions for the year…all of them are kind of related.
1. Get out of my mommy rut. I have accumulated quite the collection of leggings and hoodies, it’s really quite shameful. Compounding matters is the fact that I have quite a lot of pretty, semi-delicate items (my kind of new Constance, my favorite Simon Miller, these pretty Pedro Garcia heeled mules I just ordered because my other pairs of Pedros are comfortable and I figured these must be too) and they’re kind of just mostly sitting in my closet. This year, I vow that I will use these items more. I always feel better about myself when I do.
2. Have more fun. Even so-called “classic” items can feel stale after a while due to a certain cut, material, etc. So why not enjoy some trendy pieces? We have our whole lives to go back to classic, no? Whereas I feel like I’ve already aged out of a bunch of trends (I observe crop tops only from a very safe distance).
3. Buy some light colors. I’m so boring and practical I get practically everything in black. A white handbag or shoes frightens me. But white/cream/ecru just looks sooo good. This year, I vow to get some light colored accessories (I actually really like the Longchamp Neo in this bright white and it wouldn’t be such an expensive route to trying out a super light bag).
4. Try new pants. I know this sounds weirdly specific, but I wear skinny jeans all the time. I made the transition nearly a decade ago from flared denim to skinny, and since then I have essentially not tried out any new silhouette. I’m too lazy and I have a long torso (aka the other way to refer to short legs) and a lot of pants look horrific on me, drag on the ground, and/or just super odd. This year I’m determined to try regardless. I’ve ordered culottes and cropped flares and wide legged styles and yes I know I’m at least a year late on all of these.
And, since 2017 was filled with some of the biggest ups and downs of I’ve ever experienced…sharing some of my general resolutions:
1. Be more patient…as a mother, wife, daughter and friend.
2. Figure out a way to balance my work with personal and family life and not feel guilty about neglecting whatever I’m not focusing on at the current moment.
3. Save money.
4. Read more.
5. Enjoy my children while they are young as I know they will grow older and I will miss it.
This could go on forever…so I’m cutting it off at five. Now, please share with me your resolutions, both wardrobe and life! Happy 2018 everyone! I hope this year brings all of us joy, health and satisfaction.