Sale PSA: Velvet Prada bow mules, now 40% off, the classic Longchamp Le Pliage tote in a deep purple and pink, now 33% off (these won’t last long), pretty stacked heel black suede over the knee boots from Stuart Weitzman, now 40% off, and classic black cropped flare Altuzarra pants (which I’ve been eyeing forever), now 55% off.
1. This week I’m sharing this great denim “chore” coat, from Madewell.
I love a good denim jacket, and this is a great iteration of one that can easily and comfortably fit over a sweater for the fall/winter. This is also great time to shop at Madewell as there is currently a code for 30% off with code OHWHATFUN (unlike with J.Crew, codes at Madewell are more rare).
2. Have you been following this story? How super lawyer David Boies turned a young novelist’s sexual past against her, via The New Yorker. Did you read The Girls? Can you imagine writing that at the age of 27 and then having an ex-boyfriend try to destroy you?
3. A fascinating article from Town & Country (with more than a subtle hint of Downton Abbey style irony) – How Much Money Do You Need To Be Happy? Do you know your number?
4. An interesting story, via The NY Times, about the current business/cultural environment at Etsy. Are you an Etsy shopper? Have you noticed any changes (good or bad) on the site over the years?
5. This week I read All Grown Up, by Jami Attenberg.
All Grown Up is the story of Andrea, a single 39 year old woman in New York who is going through a stressful time in her life. It’s a wonderful “coming of age” if you will of a female protagonist who is living and enjoying life on her own terms. I highly recommend All Grown Up for those looking for a different portrait of what a fulfilling woman’s looks like – one without kids or a husband,