Sale PSA: Block heeled suede ankle boots from Stuart Weitzman, now 40% off, a very chic and comfortable looking thermal off the shoulder tee from Free People, now $40 (I’ll probably order the cream), and a pretty midi button down red dress from Saloni, now 30% off (I love this brand, and now most of it is at least 30% off at Neiman Marcus).
1. Since the Joseph coat I’ve been stalking has yet to reappear in my size, I’ve found another lovely ivory one which I think might work even better on my frame, from Isabel Marant.
There’s just something about the cut of this jacket that I think is perfectly proportioned – a big lapel but not too overpowering, and the perfect mid length. This would look equally fresh over wide legged jeans or black leggings, which makes it quite versatile.
2. I have been vowing to visit a tailor the next time I’m in Singapore or Hong Kong – there are so many favorite pieces of mine I’d just love to get replicated in various fabrics. Check out this article, via The NY Times, Visiting A Tailor In Hong Kong? Be Specific
3. Famous men, and what their watches mean to them. My favorite is actually Sylvester Stallone’s, which surprised me! Which is yours?
4. I usually don’t do two articles in a row from the same outlet, but I loved this article, also from The Cut, about 25 Famous Women and their thoughts on decor. I’m really bad at decor. Once our kids are bigger, I’m definitely hiring a decorator. How about you?
5. This week I finished Confessions, by Kanae Minato.
I love, love books set in modern day Japan, especially crime ones – the local culture just provides such a fascinating twist to the “normal” American crime novels I usually read. Confessions did not disappoint – you can read the cover for the synopsis, and I highly recommend it if you like a good crime read, and/or have an interest in Japan!