Sale PSA: A chambray peplum top from FRAME, now 40% off, a great gray reversible shearling coat from Yves Soloman, now 55% off (still pricey though!), slightly high waist skinny jeans from LIVERPOOL with great reviews, now under $60, and pretty suede and crystal ballet flats from Tory Burch, now just $114.
1. Top on my list this season? These excellent Prada heels.
I’m a total sucker for a nice architectural heel that isn’t too intimidatingly designed, so these Pradas are perfect. They are comfortable, too – I tried them on this weekend. On my sale list, and I’d be happy to snag either the navy or black.
2. For those of you who haven’t seen it yet, this charming video with James Corden and Anna Wintour. You know I haven’t seen a movie in a theatre since baby #1 was born, but I would go to one just to watch a movie of Anna Wintour in conversation for three hours.
3. Apologies for the paywall, but I thought this was an interesting article via the WSJ worth sharing, about the Dolce & Gabbana “Alta Moda” shows.
4. An interesting article, via The New Yorker, about the “Ghost Scams” of Chinatown.
5. This week I read The Custom of the Country, by Edith Wharton.
I wanted to read The Custom of the Country after I read a description of it as having an unsympathetic main character, which was all it took to draw me in. I love “unsympathetic” characters (especially when they’re a little bitchy), and I have to say Custom did not disappoint. I actually enjoyed this one as much as The House of Mirth, and would recommend to Wharton fans who haven’t read it yet!