Sale PSA: Easy stretch twill skinny pants from Wit and Wisdom with GREAT reviews, now just under $35, a pretty ruffled denim jacket from Scripted, now $150 (I also like the ) a metallic mini dress from DVF, perfect for holiday parties, now under $150, and the Fendi mini peekaboo bag in black, now 30% off.
1. I love lipstick. It’s the one makeup item which managed to survive in my routine post-baby, and even though I usually can’t resist trying out new releases whenever I’m at the mall, I tend to go back to my old standbys. One of my all time favorites is the NARS Audacious lipsticks, so when I saw this set – featuring the work of Man Ray, and containing four different shades, all of which I’d happily wear – I had to order.
I’m normally not a sucker for these “special box” sort of releases, but some reason over the years I’ve accumulated quite a few from NARS. I just love the little boxes they come out with! And plus, my favorite colors to purchase are nudes and corals. I’ve gotten into the habit of sticking a lipstick or gloss in almost all my bags, and these smaller sizes are perfect for clutches. Hoorah!
2. If you love an engrossing crime story, please cease all activity and get ready to read the best article I read all week, the “Dirty John” series from the LA Times. Enjoy (and I’m sorry for distracting you for the next few hours of your life).
3. I know we’re all inunudated with endless Weinstein news but I really want to hear all of your opinions on Marchesa, so I’m sharing this article, via The Hollywood Reporter. What do you think? Did you ever wear Marchesa? Will you consider the brand in the future?
4. I’m always pleased to be able to share an article from Oprah – here’s one about the “mid-life crisis” hitting Gen X women. Did you relate to this at all?
5. This week I finished The Lost City of Z, by David Grann.
I don’t read as much non fiction as I would like, but I always enjoy David Grann’s books because they’re basically like non-fiction that read like fiction. The Lost City of Z is about the historic quest, undertaken for centuries by explorers, for “El Dorado” – that supposed forgotten city deep in the Amazon filled with riches beyond imagination. I’m deeply lacking in my own travel experience in South America, so I especially enjoyed Z, as I was able to learn so many interesting facts about the Amazon. Highly recommended for fans of non-fiction and fiction alike, especially those with a travel/exploration bent.