Sale PSA: A chic short leopard coat from Theory that’s quickly selling out, now 25% off (also in more sizes here), a pretty light pink coat from Malene Birger, now 50% off, heeled slide sandals from Steve Madden with great reviews (I’m very intrigued…I’m going to order a pair to try on, and see if they’re as comfy as everyone says), now under $70, and a very pretty flounced lace dress from See by Chloe, now under $300.
1. You know what’s been on my list for a while? The perfect white/cream piece of outerwear. If done right it can look so great, can’t it? I think this Joseph piece is pretty perfect.
Clearly, others agree as my size is already sold out (and the next two up are close to it). I love everything about this coat – how it drapes, the lovely fabric, the beautiful cream color, and the gold hardware. Please restock (the day before sale season hits). Sigh.
2. I’m sure some of you have already read this, but for those who haven’t, Jodi Kantor’s excellent piece on decades of harassment claims against Harvey Weinstein, via The NY Times. Are you surprised its taken this long for it all to come out? What do you think of Gloria Allred’s daughter representing him, especially after this New Yorker piece on her I recommended last week?
Update – Allred makes a statement!
3. I have to admit that I LOVE when Daily Mail does these sorts of articles – here it sent “ordinary women” into various Hermes stores to ask for a Birkin bag. Snootiness and hilarity ensues. I do wonder, did that woman who wanted the Etoupe ever get a call??
4. A quite funny, existential discussion with a realtor trying to sell Leonardo diCaprio’s beach house, via The LAist.
5. This week I’m reading Serena, by Ron Rash.
The first time I ever heard of Serena was the movie, which I vaguely knew to be a flop starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper (what happened?? I’d love to know the story there!). Anyway, I came across the book at my local bookstore, and it was recommended, so I took it home. So far I’m really enjoying it – Serena is the sort of lady villain that I adore, and I love the setting in a logging camp in the Appalachian Mountains. Recommended, especially for those who like Southern/gothic historical fiction.