Sale PSA: Leather front skinny pants from Rag & Bone with great reviews, now 60% off/under $300, classic adidas Gazelle sneakers, now 35% off on price match, and this gorgeous Saloni Fara dress which I recommended earlier on the blog, now 40% off.
It’s also the last day of the Shopbop Friends and Family sale, for up to 25% off with code EOTS17. My pick: sneakers from Golden Goose (I’m getting a pair, just figuring out which one), pretty tassel earrings from Gorjana, and this classic Fjallraven backpack.
1. Lately I have been very seriously eyeing these Pomellato M’ama non M’ama stackable rings.
Since I am highly uncultured, I originally thought the name of these rings had something to do with “Mama”, and thus I could make the case for acquiring at least two, one for each of the kids. How sad was I to Google it and realize it means “He loves you he loves you not”! Either way I love the rings, they are perfect for stacking and they just seem like the perfect simple rings to slip on a a given day, they would feel smooth against the skin and the sort you wouldn’t notice while typing. So pretty!
2. An interesting article, via The NY Times, about the gender equality backlash in Silicon Valley. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this one.
3. Loved this article, via The Cut, on 25 Famous Women and their biggest splurges. Diane Kruger and the Constance! Oprah and her bathtubs!
4. A fascinating article, via The New Yorker, about Gloria Allred. I have to admit I had a negative impression about Gloria Allred without knowing much about her – this was quite the surprise! Love these sorts of profiles.
5. This week, I finished Little Fires Everywhere, by Celeste Ng.
I loved Celeste Ng’s first book, Everything I Never Told You, so I pre-ordered this one as soon as it was available. Little Fires is essentially a family drama, but it happens within a larger community, where there are multiple larger issues going on, the largest being a contested adoption. I also have to admit, since a lot of this takes place in the late 90’s with high school characters – it was great to relive that time (now you know how old I am!). Beautifully written and highly recommended for anyone who liked Celeste’s earlier work.