Sale PSA: Flat ivory Valentino Rockstud sandals, now 40% off, a great military green safari jacket from Theory, now 50% off, gorgeous beaded silk tassel earrings from Oscar de la Renta, now 50% off, and classic pure white Velcro Vans (I love these!), now under $60.
1. This week, sharing this classic little Prada pouch (at a nice price point).
This is supposed to be a cosmetics pouch, but I like the little wristlet addition which makes it quite versatile as a little hold all and even clutch, in a pinch. This is totally the sort of bag I’d pack on vacation – it could hold a few items in a larger tote, and then easily be used for night. It’s super light, and takes up basically no space. A nice buy!
2. A piece from the NY Times (by Vanessa Friedman, excellent as always), about the evolution of NYFW. Do you care about fashion week?
3. Did you watch Gossip Girl? I think you did. I definitely did (though like with most TV shows, I never watched the final season). This Vanity Fair piece was more interesting than I thought – a ten year anniversary retrospective. I wish there was a show on now that had similar fashion eye candy!
4. A fascinating article about Spencer Pratt (remember him?), via The New Yorker. I have to admit, I followed him on Instagram after reading this.
5. This week I finished Our Souls at Night, by Kent Haruf.
Haruf is one of my favorite authors, so it was only a matter of time before I read Souls, which was published after he passed away. The book is short, and deceptively simple – the story of two senior aged neighbors who begin to sleep (like really, sleep) next to each other at night. But it leaves a deep impression. Highly recommended, and again, a short read for those of you who have complained that I recommend too many door stoppers!