Sale PSA: Nordstrom has done additional markdown on a few items I’ve featured before – both this adorable Alice & Olivia romper and FRAME midi dress are 60% off now, a pretty block heel sandal from Tory Burch, now 50% off, and a pretty and simple and off the shoulder white shift dress from Tibi, also 60% off.
1. My latest purchase – these adorable classic Adidas Gazelle sneakers – in a pretty soft pink!
Okay – I know this is millennial pink, but that isn’t so bad, is it? I love the color and I’m not usually a pink person. I just think they go so well with shorts and pants and since most of my wardrobe is black, gray, and white, the pink is a nice bit of color. I also think the color works to not cut off the legs as harshly as some black trainers. And comfortable to boot (but size down at least half a size, which is what I did, though I could have probably gone a full size down).
2. What do we think of this Atlantic article, Why Do Women Bully Each Other At Work? Do we agree? I have some fatigue over “why women don’t XXXXX” pieces but thought the opening parts, about the different sorts of female law partners, was interesting. I’ve definitely encountered a few of these stereotypes.
3. Not my personal taste, but a very interesting article about the brand Stefano Ricci, “Clothier to the .001 Percent”, via The NY Times. Who is ordering all these silk shorts and crocodile coats? I want to hear names!
4. An interesting article, via Fashionista, about Gucci’s selling power. The brand’s turnaround has been nothing short of amazing. Do you think Gucci is too repetitive? Or are you a fan of its consistency?
5. This week I’m reading Mrs. Fletcher, by Tom Perrotta.
Tom Perrotta is one of my favorite authors, so I was very excited to see a new book come out from him. And so far, Mrs. Fletcher does not disappoint! It has all my favorite aspects of a Perrotta novel – multiple points of view, suburban settings, a range of age groups, and a lot of witty observation. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an engaging read.