Sale PSA: A sleek classic white windowpane blazer from Veronica Beard, now $208, a very on trend satin slipdress from FRAME, now 40% off, mirrored round sunglasses with a cat eye detail from Sonix, now under $60, and for anyone looking for a last minute inexpensive buy from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale before it ends – I also like these inexpensive Nadri inside out hoop earrings (under $40), for some bling without financial commitment.
1. Sharing an adorable romper from Alice & Olivia, now on sale.
I have a special place in my heart for these sort of easy resort pieces which look cool and breezy yet have some definition in the waist. I bookmarked this A&O piece a while ago, and it finally went on sale. Also available at Neiman Marcus, in more sizes.
2. I received so many emails after my Life, Child Free post that I wanted to share this interesting article via The Economist that I read, about why couples should not be criticized for not having kids.
3. Should I pretend that crowds are why I won’t be visiting Venice anytime soon (instead of the true reason, my terror of transatlantic travel with two?). World travelers, I’d love to hear your thoughts on this fascinating article, via The NY Times.
4. I love these sorts of true crime articles – check out this piece, via The New Yorker, about a dentist’s murder trial in New York.
5. This week I finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman.
Eleanor Oliphant is one of those novels with a “quirky” main character, which I have to admit I usually don’t like, maybe because I’m a terrible person. But I really didn’t mind Eleanor Oliphant, and actually quite liked the character, who I’d describe as your friend who doesn’t know how to read social cues and just blurts out whatever blunt tidbit they’re thinking. I recommend Eleanor Oliphant for anyone looking for a good beach read, a feel good story which isn’t too precious.