Sale PSA: A very pretty black lace up midi dress from FRAME, now 40% off (I love this – the sort of simple piece you can wear forever), Charlotte Olympia kitty mules, now 30% off, and a fabulous one button navy blazer with leather lapels from Akris, now just $372 (please somebody buy this).
Also my newest Anniversary buy – not very glamorous, but I love this foot cream. Perfect to fix cracked heels for summer season.
First – thanks so much for your well wishes, comments, and emails! I’m enjoying having a baby again (after what I admit were a pretty shell shocked first few days). I can’t wait to update you on all of that soon.
1. Today I’m sharing the cutest, happiest skirt from J.Crew.
I love the print and cut – kind of a mashup of Anthropologie and Prada, no? Just today, it’s 25% off, and it comes in both petite and tall – sizes are running low it seems!
2. Of course I find this article particularly interesting right now, via the WSJ – Congratulations on Your Newborn! Please Report to Mom Jail. I wish so bad they had these centers in the US!
3. Ever wondered how colored diamonds are priced (and if so, can I please see your jewelry collection?). The NY Times has an interesting piece about this segment of the jewelry market (pricing is a lot less transparent than I would have thought).
4. A fascinating article via The Economist, Fantasyland, about sexism in Japan, with some interesting insights on marriage in Japan. I’d love to hear the opinions of some local readers there.
5. Michiko Kakutani, the legendary book critic of The NY Times, is stepping down. I loved this summary of some of her most famous reviews – I think by reading some of these I could totally get away with pretending that I actually read the entire books.
6. This week I finished The Dry, by Jane Harper.
I love books that take place in Australia, or on farms, so the fact that The Dry has both made me immediately want to read it. A thriller/murder mystery I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone looking for a good mystery novel.