Sale PSA: Nordstrom Anniversary sale has officially opened to the public – here’s what I’ve ordered/will be snagging when my size is back in stock!
Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid Exfoliant: One of my favorite ever skincare products, top 5 for sure. And the price is better than I’ve ever seen it, including on the Paula’s Choice site.
Leith bell sleeve sweater, for under $40: I bought a Leith sweater last year (this one, but without the pockets), and while the material isn’t the most luxurious, it’s really soft, flattering, and the price was fine to wear it to pieces for a year. Mine still has some life left in it, it would probably last even longer if I took better care. Super $$$ cashmere isn’t for all occasions (at least for me!)
Joie skinny pants in gray velvet: I love these pants, and they rarely go on sale. The gray velvet is super soft and flattering and the length is really good for petites (in fact, if you’re over 5’5, I might advise that these are likely going to cropped on you).
Barefoot dreams hooded cardigan: Almost every year I order one of these and proceed to torture my husband with it around the house. I love this one because it has a HOOD, though to be honest, it’s probably a little less “stylish” (being a relative term) than in years past. Still the comfort to me is worth it, and this can double as a light robe.
1. Sharing today the cutest little gingham jumpsuit I just purchased.
Believe me – as a sale shopper, I am highly philosophically opposed to paying full price for DVF, but size 0 in this jumpsuit (which is supposed to run large) was disappearing at an alarming rate, so I took the plunge. Cute right? Like really cute. I’ll update how I like it!
2. Luxury hotel geeks might be interested in this article about the struggle with growth at Four Seasons Hotels (did you know Bill Gates is part owner? Though I don’t think he’s stressing about this). Do you care if your hotel changes the sheets everyday? Do you leave the pinecone on or off?
3. An piece by one of my favorite fashion writers, Vanessa Friedman, about how to dress down at Sun Valley.
4. My favorite kind of article (salacious, in depth, gossipy), from the LA Times, about the secret life of a USC med school dean. This is crazy!
5. This week, I finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Evelyn Hugo is the story of a writer assigned to an exclusive tell all of the reclusive Evelyn Hugo, who can be described as super private Marilyn Monroe/Liz Taylor crossover, with yup – seven husbands. A fun read, one that when you finish you wonder when the movie’s coming out. Recommended for anyone looking for some well written beach reading.