1. I have a thing for these sorts of “hippie bags”. I can’t stop buying them, because I love them, and have a secret longing to always be lounging around at resorts. And I actually get a lot of use out of them during the summer. This one, from DODO BAR OR, is the latest I’ve been eyeing.
This is the sort of bag and style I always hope to find on Etsy or Zara but for some reason, never find the perfect iteration of. You know what I mean? The price, at under $200, is friendly enough and I love that I can wear it cross body. Does anybody else out there share the same love for me for these styles? Anyone? anyone?
2. An article via the WSJ, about how Neiman Marcus is finding that even wealthy shoppers want better deals. Do you find yourself wanting better deals later, even on luxury?
3. An interesting article from Bloomberg – The Ugly Side of Getting Rich. Did you all already watch The Queen of Versailles? If not, I highly recommend a viewing – I think I’ve seen it at least three times.
4. A necessary read, The Desperate Story of a Trafficked Girl, via The New Yorker.
5. This week I finished Perfume, by Patrick Suskind.
This is a book which I’d added to my list long ago but only got around to now. I don’t know why, as it has all of my favorite elements – historical fiction + serial killer? Sign me up! And Perfume was not a disappointment. Not only was it an excellent and engrossing read, but I finished the book having learned quite a bit about perfume, and having a newfound appreciation for it. I’ve never been the sort of person who loves scents – I buy the same ones and have quite unsophisticated taste. Going forward however, I’ll be sure to spend some more effort noticing the wonderful world of aroma, and all because of this fascinating book. Highly recommended (if you don’t mind a touch of the macabre).