1. I heard from a few of you that you are already enjoying the Cole Haan Anica sandals, so in the spirit of affordable summer sandals – here are a few more great options! The first are from Sole Society, for $70.
Simple and low block heel, the perfect tan color, ankle strap for stability – what’s not to like? I think these are definitely worth a try out, they’ll look great with everything from casual shorts to little dresses.
And the second pair is from Hinge, for even less – $60!
These slides are a great way to try out the summer slide trend without spending a ton – and the footbed is padded, so they’re more comfortable (important in a flat shoe). All the colors are great but I’m partial to the white. I tend not to buy white colored shoes but these are affordable enough where I’ll run the risk of stains/dirty.
2. An interesting piece via Buzzfeed – Small Businesses Struggle with Chinese Fakes. Have you ever ordered anything from Alibaba Express? I’ve heard online groups where moms order in bulk and then distribute but never seen the merchandise.
3. I’m sure many of you have heard that Jenna Lyons is leaving J.Crew. Here’s one of the best pieces about her stint and departure that I found, via The Washington Post.
4. I love pieces that cover the “behind the scenes” in entertainment, such as this one via Vanity Fair, on Hollywood’s “most disliked and secretly beloved” producer, Dana Brunetti.
5. This week I’m recommending an old favorite, The Prince of Tides, by Pat Conroy.
I first read this book years ago, and have been meaning to do a re-read ever since Pat Conroy, the author, sadly passed away last year. One of this epic family sagas, set in the South and covering the dysfunctional Wingo family, I recommend The Prince of Tides for anybody who loves well written, engrossing fiction who doesn’t always need to have a super happy ending.