1. Lately I’ve been a little obsessed with slide sandals, but I recently came across this super practical pair from Cole Haan and had to share. I will definitely be adding a pair of these very soon.
First off, compared to designer shoes, the price on these are sooo right. And that’s at full price! I love how supportive these look, without coming off as too dowdy, and the padded footbed looks heavenly. I’ll definitely going to try a pair, and if they work out, I’ll pick up another color as well. I have a hard time finding flat summer sandals which meet all my specs so when I do come across a pair, I jump.
2. An interesting article via the NY Times about UAL, “Fashion’s best kept secret.” I wish we had this store nearby, but we do have Jeremy’s. Although UAL, if it’s possible, sounds even better.
3. An opinion piece from StyleZeitgeist that I’m dying to hear your opinion’s on – What’s The Matter With Gucci. Do you agree? I love the pairs of Gucci shoes I’ve purchased but I have to say that the article does have some valid points…at least in my opinion. What do you think??
4. Another article, via the NY Times and a worthy read, about people’s budgets from all around the United States and what they can afford.
5. This week I finished Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman, by Lindy West.
I really enjoyed Shrill, and would compare it to the sort of “memoir through essays” you might be familiar with from books like Bossypants or Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo. Unlike Tina Fey or Amy Schumer however, I had never heard of West before this book, so didn’t have any preconceived notions of who she was. She comes across as smart, funny, articulate, and 100% feminist…all relevant reading in these precarious times, right? Recommended for anyone who watches Girls and laughs, at least a little.