Sale PSA: A great two tone cashmere/wool blend jacket from Lafayette 148, now 60% off, a simple corded lace mini dress from Rachel Zoe, now just $158, a mandarin collar extra long blouse from Eileen Fisher (this is the sort of versatile layering piece you can use in so many ways), now just $111, and an excellent marled knit tweed jacket from IRO, now $262.
I put together my spring wish list this weekend – lately I’ve found it much easier to just do wish lists for myself, it focuses my shopping and I don’t end up getting distracted with lots of other pretty trinkets along the way. Here are the items I’ve bookmarked for myself…some I’ll try to wait for a sale/code, others I will probably look at getting full price. I’d love to hear what’s on your wish list, and also how you shop…any one else put together these lists at the beginning of the season?
1. J.Crew Tippi Sweater. I hadn’t tried the Tippi sweater before from J.Crew, but I know it’s one of their more popular styles (remember when J.Crew lost like a zillion dollars one quarter and blamed it all on sweaters). For some reason the combination of this wheat color plus those embroidered lips is just doing it for me. I’m thinking about buying one size looser, and wearing it with a slightly slouchier fit.
2. Burberry Kensington Trench. I’ve been looking so long for the perfect trench, that now I’m back to basics. What do you think of the classic Burberry trenches? For a while now I’ve kind of resisted it….I’m the sort of lame person who wants something “different” but now I wonder if I should just go with the classic. I hadn’t looked at trench prices for a while…man did Burberry get expensive, by the way!
PS: I also like the Sandringham, but I think I prefer the Kensington for a slightly looser fit. What do you like between the two?
3. The Row Alys Loafers. I have been loving so many shoes from The Row lately. They just have so many nice little details, like these loafers, which have that excellent black satin piping. The leather looks absolutely buttery soft and incredible as well.
By the way, if you want to buy these, get them from Matches, which I linked above and who have them for almost 30% less than everyone else. They are just under $1000 everywhere else, including Net-a-Porter (which just started charging tax to California, starting in 2017. Egads!).
4. Madewell Bomber Cardigan. So adorable, so cool, and under $100 at full price. I love bomber styles but hadn’t purchased one yet – this one looks like a great, easy option that would transition into the spring months and work as a warm weather cover up.
5. Stuart Weitzman Nearly Nude sandal. I’ve had great luck with cork sandals from Stuart Weitzman and here’s another pair that I tried on and loved. Simple, lovely and flattering and with enough of a heel that you could wear these to a summer wedding. And, comfortable!
What’s on your list for spring?