1. What do you all think of this classic Gucci bag? I am very, very, very interested in it. I’ve probably looked at this a dozen times.
I’ve always admired this exact Gucci top handle bag, ever since I was a little girl and first saw it on a trip to Vegas with my parents (that’s how long it’s been around!). It’s just so classic and I’ve always loved the bamboo handle detail. I think this is a great, classic Kelly style handbag at a relatively friendly price – and it can be dressed up or worn casually. If you’re looking for a forever black bag that you can wear on dressier occasions, I don’t see how you can do much better than this.
2. An interesting articles for travel junkies, via the WSJ – How Hotel Companies Launch a New Brand.
3. A good article via The NY Times, about Tamara Mellon’s new shoe company (yes she’s launching another one…again). I find her story fascinating because not too many people are able to relaunch under the same name, with a whole different strategy. It’ll be interesting to see if her new pricing works out, or if it’s still too high.
4. A very interesting and lengthy read via The Atlantic, on what happens to women’s ambitions after college. Look out – this is a five part article (the links to the next portions are on the left and bottom of the page).
5. This week I finished The Nest, by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney.
The Nest is one of those multi POV, family dramas – this one centering around an inheritance, appropriately called “The Nest”. I’d describe it as very enjoyable book club reading – if you’re looking for something to take with you on a plane or vacation, I’d highly recommend giving this one a try! Note that the characters aren’t necessarily all very sympathetic, but I never mind that.