Sale PSA: A simple and chic textured leather shoulder bag from Victoria Beckham, now 50% off, a fun snow white faux fur jacket from Shrimps (the solid color makes it surprisingly versatile), now just under $240, a sueded stretch jersey mini dress from James Perse, now under $150, and a cozy and warm cashmere blend long cardigan from Vince, now just under $180.
1. Gucci Marmont pumps. By far my favorite pair of shoes I purchased this year. So comfortable, so wearable, and I’m always a sucker for a golf fringe sort of detail. Though I have a pair of Gucci loafers arriving which may be a close second. I know everyone loves Gucci’s ready to wear and handbags, but I’m all about the shoes!
2. Madewell Drapey Boyshirt. This is my favorite white shirt right now. The perfect softness, material, cut, and length. If you like a slightly oversized white shirt, I’d recommend trying this one out. And with the current promotion, it’s just around $50. I know Madewell tends to trend towards a certain age group, but I think women of all ages could try out this shirt!
3. Goyard Anjou bag. I love this one! Such an easy to use bag, for everything from work, to diaper duty, to casual weekends. It’s held up very well and I love the leather interior, which is soft and supple. You can find my full review here.
4. Loro Piana Traveler Jacket. I know this jacket is hideously expensive, but I wear it all the time. The cashmere lining makes it quite warm and I like how practical it is. There are pockets everywhere (and useful ones), a hidden sleek hood, and it’s rain proof. It’s half the price of a Chanel jacket but I think you’ll wear it much more, and in much more casual situations. Certainly the only piece of Loro Piana I wear regularly with the little one.
5. Van Cleef Magic Alhambra pendant necklace. This is one of the most wearable pieces that Van Cleef has put out in the last few years (in my opinion) I love that you can wear it long or doubled up, and that the pendant is free hanging (as opposed to many of their necklaces, where the pendant is fixed). I already want another. Plotting.
6. Lucky Bashira perforated bootie. I’m always very happy when I find an affordable, wearable shoe. These are so comfortable, and under $100. I love the side slits. Those looking for an easy bootie: try these! You won’t be sorry (and if you are, Nordstrom has free shipping and returns).
7. J.Crew Deck Striped T-shirt. I am a striped t-shirt connoisseur and this is one of the best ones out there in my opinion. Love the thicker material, the cut, and the dropped sleeves. One of those classic closet pieces. The sale price is too good for me not to acquire a backup.
What were some of your favorite purchases this year?