1. This looking for goodies to pick up from Shopbop’s sale (today is the last day!) might I suggest these Rag & Bone Harrow booties?
I get a lot of requests for bootie recommendations, and this is one of my most popular ones. The Harrow is a Rag & Bone staple – they bring it back every year – and the black is rarely if ever on sale. The dip in front lengthens the leg line, the stacked heel makes it comfortable, and the construction is quite good, especially in the age now where designer boots cost four figures. Under $350 with the current Shopbop discount.
2. A good little read via The NY Times, Fashion Becomes A Victim Of Its Own Oversharing.
3. A synopsis on how Land’s End tried to be cool and failed, via Salon – anyone else follow this? I was surprised that the company gave up the ghost after such a short time though.
4. An interesting op-ed about the topic of plastic surgery and feminism, via The NY Times. I find this topic fascinating lately…I used to have the very uneducated view that Botox just meant frozen faces, until I realized that a lot of the gorgeous, young looking faces I’d been seeing around were the result of expertly applied Botox. What a revelation….I’m all for it, by the way!
5. I recently discovered the writer Dominick Dunne, and have been slowly making my way through his novels. This week I’m set to finish one of his most popular works, An Inconvenient Woman.
An Inconvenient Woman is based loosely on the Alfred Bloomingdale/Vicki Morgan affair (Wikipedia it if you have some time – so interesting!), and covers what happens when “the other woman” appears on the scene in a high profile society marriage. Dunne is a great writer, and makes the story come alive without being too cheesy or campy. If you like books that give a peek in to the “high life” and don’t mind that it’s a bit dated, I’d definitely recommend An Inconvenient Woman. I’ll update on any more Dunne books as well, once I finish them!