1. I’m starting to put together my serious winter wish list, and there are so many great shoes this season (anyone else think so too)? Near the top of my list is this Prada block heeled velvet sandal.
Prada has so many great velvet items out this season, but these are my favorite. I love the stacked heel, the platform that makes it more comfortable, the dual tone colors of black and tan – really, everything! I think they’d be perfect with blacks, tans, grays – so really the perfect heeled winter sandal. Now if only the price were more reasonable (I feel like I say that about every shoe now, so is the problem just me)?
2. Do you guys do Blue Apron? I tried for a bit, and when I forgot to cancel my husband and I would groan each week when a new box arrived. We’re probably just slow cooks, but each recipe takes us way longer than the advertised 30 minutes! I thought this Buzzfeed article about the reality behind these subscription food boxes, to be very interesting reading.
3. An interesting piece on The Situation With Street Style, via The NY Times.
4. I came across this fun article via the WSJ – about when dinner guests order a $700 bottle of wine, on your tab – and then immediately searched for the follow up, of more tales of wine lovers behaving badly. Both are great reads!
5. This week I finished The Wonder, by Emma Donoghue.
Emma Donoghue is one of my favorite authors – I’ve read almost every novel she’s done – so when I saw she had a new book out, I ordered it right away! The Wonder is what I’d describe as a mystery novel, set in the aftermath of the Crimean War, about a girl who supposedly hasn’t eaten in four months. I enjoyed The Wonder, as I enjoy all of Emma Donoghue’s books, and I finished it quite quickly. That being said, it wasn’t my favorite work of her’s – I found Room and Slammerkin to each be more compelling. Still a worthy read however, for any lovers of mystery novels (especially period ones), as well as any other fans of Donoghue.