Sale PSA: A Canada Goose military green “Solaris” parka, now price matched at 15% off for a limited time, Topshop “Leigh” distressed black skinny jeans, now just $45, a jumbo cashmere hoodie from Vince, now 40% off, and this great fringed sleeveless dress from Madewell, now under $50 with code “DOUBLEUP”.
There are also some amazing (final sale though) deals at Saks right now, which just went up to 80% off. Sizes are limited but some great selections include this boho Alice & Olivia dress (I have this and it runs quite large), now under $100, a delicate fringed silk cami from Phillip Lim, now $140, a DVF floaty floral white lace dress, now under $150 (all sizes available!), and a structured panel crepe dress from Tibi, now under $100.
1. I have still been loving and using my Fendi Strap You (review here) quite a bit, and have to admit that I’m always tempted to get another – they’re so fun! Unfortunately, also quite expensive. So I was very pleased to find a much more affordable series of interchangeable straps for under $100 (that’s basically 10% of Fendi’s price), from Rebecca Minkoff.
I’m not usually drawn to Minkoff’s designs, but I think these straps are quite clever and certainly much more affordable. I did get the opportunity to try one on at my local Nordstrom, and they hit me at a nice length for crossbody (but keep in mind I’m 5’1). Taller ladies might want to use these for shoulder bag use, only.
There’s a variety of nice designs including the studded version above, but my personal favorite is probably the metallic floral embroidered version – the metallics mean that you could easily use it with a bag with gold or silver hardware, and also easily mix it with tans, grays, and whites. A very nice option! If only I had a black box retourne Kelly now…hmm….
2. I shared the male version of this article a little while ago, and was pleased to find that Esquire also did a version focused on women – Four Women, Four Incomes (I love articles like this one!).
3. Do you use sheet masks? For a while I got quite lazy, but I’ve recently started using them again, especially as the weather gets cooler. I’m actually wearing one right now as I type this – my favorite Tatcha lifting mask! I was quite disturbed by this Racked article about various hygiene related (eww) controversies with some brands in Asia. I think I’m going to be sticking with the more well known brands for now. What are some of your recommendations for sheet masks, by the way?
4. I read this article a few weeks ago, and it really stuck with me. I’d never thought I would consider waking up at 4 AM to do anything (except for maybe catch a seriously good sale), but this WSJ piece was quite inspirational. What do you think of starting your day at 4?
5. An interesting little article, via The Washington Post, for travelers, about what requests hotels are typically willing to accommodate, and not.
6. This week I have no book to share, but instead have a plea – I’m in dire need of some more items on my reading list, please! I’ve dangerously close to running out of options and nothing looks too good that’s new right now, at least to me. I’ve tried a few “summer blockbuster” types, but for some reason didn’t really love any of them. So please share with me your all time favorite books, your recent favorites, your recommendations…anything!! I’d really appreciate it (and I’m sure other readers might as well).
Thanks so much and I wish you a wonderful long weekend (for those in the USA)!