Sale PSA: A simple and very easy button down midi slipdress from Topshop, now just $32, a loose linen dolman tunic top from James Perse, now 40% off, flatform leather sandals from Ancient Greek Sandals, now $215, a suede fringed Saint Laurent crossbody monogram bag, now 40% off, and a blush pink lace detailed Tularosa shirtdress, now $101.
1. I’m still very much enjoying J.Crew lately – I’m so happy that the brand has “come back”! My latest purchase is this drop sleeved shirt – it’s a little big on me, but I still love the silhouette and general design.
This shirt reminds me of what I wish a lot of Everlane pieces would be like – I like a lot of Everlane items, but wish sometimes there was a tad bit more styling. Funny how the J.Crew price is quite similar to what I imagine Everlane would sell a similar piece for as well, even though Everlane markets itself as less expensive. What do you think?
2. I’m always game for a snarky article about Silicon Valley, so am sharing a particularly good one about the current state of haute cuisine in the Bay Area, again via The NY Times – Dinner Disrupted. I have to agree that the tasting menu prices are outrageous! We received a very generous gift awhile back of $500 to one of these restaurants, so we could go out to dinner…only to discover that only covered basically one person’s portion when the bill came, and we only had a glass or two of wine each. Outrageous.
4. An interesting deep dive, via Esquire, about Jared Kushner and his role in the Trump campaign – lots of juicy little gossipy tidbits (my favorite kind of political article, of course.
5. I’m so relieved that I don’t have to apply for school anymore…I have no idea how I’d get in anywhere, but it just makes me more nervous for my own children. Articles like this one – To get to Harvard, Go to Haiti, again via The NY Times, don’t help! But I guess there’s always something each generation…I’d love to hear your thoughts.
5. This week, I just finished (as of this Friday morning) The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo, by Amy Schumer.
I got this book as soon as it came out earlier this week, since I’d been hankering after a funny read for some time now. And I have to say, it doesn’t disappoint! If you’re a fan of Schumer’s, and/or also liked books like Bossypants or Yes Please, I’d highly recommend this book. A fun, funny and engaging read.
Also, I was surprised to see this book at only 3 stars out of 5 currently on Amazon, but reading some of the negative reviews, they seem to largely be part of an orchestrated campaign to take down her average score…disappointing behavior and also very annoying since I usually love reading Amazon reviews to help me decide whether to buy books! Just a heads up.