1. I’ve been in ankle boot shopping mood lately – it’s probably due to the Anniversary sale, which has a few great options (so far I’ve picked up these Vince Camutos – will post photos soon!). My favorite ones that I’ve found so far however, are these Jeffrey Campbell cutout booties.
I saw these on a salesperson at Neiman Marcus (which ironically I think doesn’t even carry the brand), and they were so cute that I had to ask her where she got them. The cutouts make them a great spring/fall transition bootie, and these would go so well with a dress or shorts, too. I think the cutout sides and open weave makes them flattering even on shorties like me. Definitely on my list.
2. A fun and fascinating piece about the Gucci family (just check out the title!), via The Guardian – The Gucci Wife and the Hitman.
3. Yet another interesting piece from The Guardian about not saying sorry for bringing your baby on a plane. What do you think? Before we flew with baby Feather, I honestly thought of making these little goody bags, but ran out time and it completed slipped my mind. He didn’t cry at all except for maybe ten seconds, but those ten seconds felt like ten minutes when we were on a plane!
4. Hermes fans will want to read this article, via Bloomberg – Hermes Heeds The Masses, A Bit. I’ve definitely noticed the increase in production, and even formerly hard to get items seem to be more and more available. Anyone else?
5. This week, I’m reading Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance. The book describes the childhood and life of J.D., a self proclaimed hillbilly, and his extended family. It tells the tale of his family, and other white working class Americans living in poverty.
Hillbilly Elegy is a fascinating glimpse into a world and culture that I personally knew very little about. It’s at times inspiring and other times quite troubling, and always insightful. A recommended read for anyone interested in American history, politics, or culture.
You can also read a fascinating interview with the author J.D. Vance, via American Conservative – Trump: Tribune of Poor White People.