1. I have an addiction to summer bags, and a favorite I recently discovered is the Cannage tote, from the Dragon brand by designer Craig Wright.
I love that this is a straw tote, but made out of sturdy leather, which is not only more durable, but also comfortable against the skin. I adore the look of straw totes, but have to admit that often I find them a bit scratchy. Comfort is very important to me, so I’ve never been able to use an actual straw tote for long. These Cannage totes though are awesome though – and the kind of woven leather that just gets better and softer with time. A great choice for anyone looking for a summer tote!
2. Do any of you watch The Americans? I started, but never really got into it. I feel like I should give it another go, but can’t find the time. Mr. Feather however, is addicted. This article, via The Guardian, echoes the show but in real life – The Day We Discovered Our Parents Were Russian Spies.
3. An interesting little article from Racked, about how some Nordstrom stores have stopped selling Michael Kors. Have any of you noticed this?
4. A funny satirical article from The Onion which I had to share – Shaman Dreading Another Week of Guiding Tech Executives.
5. Do you have a “fashion uniform” that you opt for most days? I have a few go to ones – blouse and shorts in the summer, sweater and skinny jeans with boots in the winter, etc. Here’s an article on uniforms for business dressing, via the WSJ, The Case For Uniform Dressing.
6. I recently completed season one of UnREAL – which airs on Lifetime! Yes, Lifetime – the channel I can’t resist when there are original movies on with titles like “The Babysitter Who Stole My Husband“. I never thought I would find really good TV there though, and was really impressed by UnREAL.
Simply put, UnREAL is a drama/parody of what goes on behind the scenes of a show that is quite obviously modeled on The Bachelor. It reminded me a bit of Barely Famous – another favorite of mine – however less comedy and much more drama (though there are some funny bits too)! If you’re a fan of guilty pleasure TV that’s also well done (and you like learning about how reality shows really get developed), I’d highly recommend UnREAL.