1. For those of you looking for a great basic black bag that looks polished but still works for casual situations, I recently checked out this A.P.C. bag, and was quite impressed. It’s a great size, smooth leather and can go either crossbody or hang from the shoulder. And it’s under $500!
For $460, you get a nice, classic bag (that travels well too – wouldn’t it be a great sightseeing bag?). I’d compare the quality to similar to Mansur Gavriel (and this one is a bit cheaper, and dare I say – less exposed as well).
2. I have to share my own fashion resolutions post for 2016, but in the meantime, here’s a good one a WSJ editor – 5 Fashion Resolutions for 2016 (look for mine on Monday!).
3. I loved this article, via The NY Times, about what people were wearing to lunch at The Four Seasons in New York on a given day. How fabulous are the clothes, people, and the answers? Henry Kissinger is my favorite because of his last word, but I love Martha’s outfit (especially that Hermes coat) the most.
4. I love a good sale and discount as much as anybody, but for some reason, I haven’t been to a T.J. Maxx in a very long time. So I was surprised to read this article from The Economist, detailing how T.J. Maxx is on its way to perhaps being the largest clothing retailer in the world. Whoa! Were you surprised, too?
5. This week, I’ve been binge watching my new favorite show – Barely Famous – which was recommended to me by my sister in law. She knows me well, because I love it! Why aren’t most people watching it? It’s amazing and so funny. Barely Famous is for anybody who watches reality TV (especially the Housewives, and/or Kardashians) – you will love it. If you don’t watch reality TV, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it…it might just seem kind of crazy to you. But for a Bravo lover like me, it’s pure genius.
By the way – it airs on VH1. Do you watch VH1? The last time I watched anything from MTV or VH1 was Jersey Shore, I think!