1. Thank you to reader Sarah for alerting me that one of my favorite coats ever – the Max Mara Rialto – is now available in more colors other than the classic camel and black, including a beautiful soft pink. I couldn’t fine the pink online, but did see a gorgeous bordeaux.
My Max Mara coat has been one of my best outerwear buys, so I can wholeheartedly recommend them. My mom has the Rialto style above and it’s a classic, super versatile style – the hood is a really nice added detail. If you’re looking for a classic camel color, I also am loving the Megaton – I’d get this one, if I didn’t already have a camel coat!
2. One of the most interesting articles I’ve read in awhile, and one that I’d love to hear your opinion on, via Bloomberg – Children of the Yuan Percent: Everyone Hates China’s Rich Kids. I thought it was a fairly in depth piece, and I’m surprised they were able to find so many so called “fuerdai” willing to be quoted. Warning – long article ahead!
3. Loved this little video interview via One Kings Lane, with the fabulous Iris Apfel – looks of good nuggets in there, on style, decor, and life!
4. If you live in the Bay Area, you’ve probably seen one of the many banners for the Academy of Art University hanging around San Francisco. Forbes had an interesting article about the family behind the AAU, and how successful (or unsuccessful) its graduates have been.
5. I’m currently re-reading this week one of my favorite detective series – the Harry Bosch series, by Michael Connelly. I had read the first few some time ago, and was recently reminded of them when reading that they were the favorites of Debbie Harry (!). The first in the Bosch series is Black Echo.
If you’re into detective/crime novels, I’d definitely give the Bosch series, starting with Black Echo, a try. After all, if you don’t believe me…trust in Debbie Harry! Have a great weekend!