1. I have a major weakness for shearling. Ever since I was a little kid, I always thought it was the most beautiful, soft fabric and oh so warm. I remember saving up my allowance money in junior high to buy a Banana Republic shearling hat on super discount – it was still $40 or so and I loved that thing!
That’s why I adore this shearling vest for fall (and why I’m extremely tempted by it…and may have to give in). It’s super classic and easily layered under a trench or coat, or just over a sweater/shirt depending on the weather. It’s also a good price point – cheaper and you’ll usually get faux shearling, and for the real thing, you’re usually talking at least double. Yum!
2. I’ve always liked Olivia Palermo’s style (yes, I’m basic) and so enjoyed this little video of her talking about some of her favorite designers and wardrobe pieces, via Vogue UK.
3. A quick read from the NY Times – selfie tips from a makeup artist! The first tip about dry lips is the one I can most easily implement due to a lip moisturizer addiction.
4. What do we all think of the accusations of Mansur Gavriel copying another designer -Maryam Nassir Zadeh – on their first collection of shoes? This is a good roundup of the controversy, via The Business of Fashion – in my mind, the receipts are quite incriminating!
5. I’ve been exhausted this week, and when I’m up with the baby at night, I find myself just browsing the internet or slowly plodding through old fun favorites like Bridget Jones Diary. In the day, I’ve been indulging in Season 2 of my current favorite reality show that’s airing – Ladies of London.
If you’re suffering from Housewives withdrawal and haven’t given this series a try yet, I’d recommend. Pure campy fun that you don’t have to think too much about. I’ll also admit that I’m also watching WAGS – but that may be too trashy for some (it even tests the limits of a reality TV show junkie like me).