Happy Friday! First a quick note that I apologize I haven’t been on a regular posting schedule lately – the Japan posts take a lot of time to put together, so I’ve temporarily gone to two times a week posting. I hope to get back to three soon!
1. J.Crew is having a great sale right now for 30% off your order of $200 or more (easy to do at J.Crew) with code “SPRINGSTYLE”. My favorite item is this great cropped trench coat. I love it (and check out the back detailing).
It’s a great piece for spring. Other items I like are this knotted maxi dress (so easy to wear), striped pom pom scarf, and a striped eyelet dress. I have a big soft spot for eyelet, and this dress is a modern interpretation.
2. Those with an interest in jewelry (or aspiring international thieves) might find this article about how the “stupidity” of one of the culprits of the recent Harry Winston jewels heist was caught. Via the NY Times.
3. I love this little interview with Karl Lagerfeld, from The Cut. He sounds a bit drunk and quite a bit eccentric, but I once had a boss like this and he ended up being a genius, so I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the results speak for themselves, no?
4. I found this piece, again by the NY Times, insightful if a little alarming – Mean Girls In The Retirement Home. Really, is this what we have to look forward to? I always assumed I’d just be happily whittling the day away with my friends, watching TV and playing with my dogs and parrots. Do we need to worry about mean girls even in our 70s and 80s?
5. I’ve been a bit under the weather lately, and have been spending some time just relaxing and catching up on TV shows. My favorite new one has been Broad City – how come it took me so long to hear about this hilarious show?
I like Girls, but in many ways, I think Broad City is better, and more funny. Certainly more realistic and I found myself laughing hard at a ton of scenes and reliving my 20s (sigh). I’d give the show a few episodes for it to get into its “groove” – it took me about 3 episodes to fall completely in love, and then I was hooked. Making my way through Season Two now!