There are only a few sales each year that I really pay attention to – amongst them are Net-A-Porter’s seasonal sale, the Nordstrom Anniversary, designer markdown for spring/fall, etc. But to me the fall shopping season generally kicks off with Shopbop’s Friends and Family sale, which starts today (Tuesday) through Friday with code FAMILY25.
I always end up picking up something from this sale, and usually will start waiting for it come August time, when items start appearing on my fall list which I know are rarely, if ever, on sale. Shopbop historically had essentially no restrictions on its F&F sales, a rarity these days (has anyone seen Saks’ exclusion list? Whew). Sadly, this year a few restrictions did appear (Ferragamo, Canada Goose among them), but there are still way fewer than at most stores.
Here are my picks for the sale – I selected items that I not only like very much, but which are difficult to come by on sale otherwise. Enjoy, and please share your selections as well!
First up – shoes!
My picks, from left to right:
1. Aquazzura “Sexy Thing” booties, $565/$424 with discount. Gorgeous, and super soft booties in both beige and black that make any outfit look cooler. Super easy to wear in both hot and cold climates. Amazing! And hard to find on sale (they’re excluded at Saks). I just ordered these – couldn’t resist!
2. Birkenstock Gizeh sandals, $90/$68. Because these are classic, and they are also my current favorite Birkenstocks after extensive testing. And rarely can be found in the “standard” colors on sale.
3. Frye “Valerie” shearling lined boots, $428/$321 with discount. So practical and cool/chic for winter. Love that they are lined with shearling – nice and toasty! And I love my Frye boots – they are great quality for a not-too-unreasonable price.
My picks, left to right:
1. Helmut Lang “Villous” sweatshirt jacket, $230/$173 after discount. I feel bad because I’m always recommending this jacket – but seriously, I love it! And everyone that I’ve ever recommended it to or purchased it for, has loved it too. So comfortable. Sold out in last year’s sale early on in certain sizes.
2. ADD Down down jacket, $464/$348 after discount. One of my favorite “puffer” brand jackets – they are the same quality as Moncler in my opinion but at less than half the price. The green/olive color goes with everything, and I love how this jacket is a cross between a fitted field jacket and puffer.
3. Equipment “Larkin” dress, $248/$186 after discount. A super classic silhouette, works for fall with boots and then for winter with tights. Perfect for both work and after. I love my silk Equipment dresses and wear them often.
Finally, some sunglasses! I love a good pair of sunglasses (such an easy way to have fun with your look) and the best ones are never marked down!
My picks, from left to right:
1. Thierry Lasry “Sexxxy”, $435/$326 with discount. I ordered these! I love the clear borders and the gold sides, perfect to match with gold jewelry.
2. Karen Walker “Super Duper”, $280/$210 with discount. Classic pair in both black and tortoiseshell. Ladies with noses that have lower bridges, check out the special fit pair!
3. Ray-Ban Original Wayfarers, $155/$117 with discount. The forever classic.