As part of my 2014 25 items resolution, I’ve started to create lists of what I’d like each season, instead of just wandering aimlessly around the mall, consuming what doubtless are thousands of calories worth of Auntie Anne’s pretzels. I’ve been slowly adding to my spring wish list the past few weeks, and thought I would share some of the items I’ll be keeping an eye out for come spring. I would love to hear your thoughts, and as always, to hear what you’ll be looking for this spring (if anything at all)!
1. The first item on my list – low heeled pumps. Last last year, almost right before I was going to leave for holiday break, I had a spectacular fall down an entire flight of stairs at work. I really bruised up my knees and back. And I was actually wearing flat biker boots at the time. Can you imagine the calamity if I had been wearing high heels? I have days where I run around the building so much that based on my prior track record, it just isn’t safe for me to be teetering along on heels anymore. And now I always hold the guardrail going up and down stairs! For this particular item, I’ve been eyeing either the Manolo Blahnik “Newcio” and the Jimmy Choo Allure (seen above).
For a less expensive option, I love these Corso Comos, at under $120.
2. A lovely little cocktail dress. Because I adore them and I refrained from basically buying any last year. They are one of the most fun items to shop for.
This beautiful Valentino number was originally my first pick, until I saw the price. I still think there is a decent chance somebody at Saks had their finger slip and type in an extra 0 on that price!
These two are now my current candidates – the orange ALC on the left has a cut out detail on the back and I love that there’s a little zip at the neck so you can adjust the neckline. The dress on the right is from Red Valentino, and its only when you compare it to its big sister above that the price begins to seem reasonable!
3. A blue leather bag. Because I don’t have any and it’d go very well with many of the drab colors in my wardrobe! I really love the royal blue that Bottega Veneta has done for this season and have my eye on perhaps a Large Veneta or the classic Cervo Hobo in this stunning color.
4. The perfect maxi dress. This one is tough because I want it to be able to be worn for a casual-ish nice dinner out, but also to be comfortable for plane ride of any inter continental length (so up to 5-6 hours). It also can’t make me look too short (and I am 5’1, so I’m really asking for the impossible).
So far, this number from Nordstrom is the top contender – it has a drawstring waist to give some shape, and plus comes in petite sizes. Hallelujah!
5. And finally….a spring patterned shawl. I’ve been eyeing the beautiful pattern from Hermes, above, but so far it only comes in the solid silk and I prefer the cashmere blends on myself. A much cheaper version that I’ve tried on and been fondling in person is this lovely one from Nordstrom, below.
All right – and that about does it for my spring shopping “to-do” list! What’s on your style bucket list for spring?