Life

Moroccan Table

Lately we have been on a home decor kick – which is all good and fun except that we lack  an actual house. Well we do have a home, but it’s my old condo from when I was living alone, which is now overflowing with both our stuff.That hasn’t stopped us from shopping for furniture, and in the last month we’ve had two major pieces purchased and scheduled for delivery for semi-permanent storage at my mom’s house, to be kept until we move into a bigger place. Which could be years away. Geez I pray I never have a child like me.

Anyway it’s never fun buying things that you can’t use or see, so I was happy when this weekend we found a beautiful little Moroccan table that we could bring back to the apartment for immediate use and enjoyment. I thought this piece was lovely – walnut wood with mother of pearl and bone inlay. I adore Moroccan design and would really love to visit Morocco one day.

Tangier Table

I have a few friends who are absolutely obsessed with home decor which I never really understood until recently. Whenever I pass by this little table it just makes me smile, I love it that much!

I’d love to hear about some of your favorite pieces. Do share!

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

Fashion, Art and other fancies
    March 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I adore the table detail. I love all things Moroccan. You really ought to visit this beautiful land, Morocco.

Anonymous
    March 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm

This is beautiful! I am currently in the process of renovating my living room and I am constantly looking for inspirations. Would you be able to share where you bought this lovely piece?

BmoreLoveLeigh
    March 13, 2012 at 1:50 pm

That table is gorgeous! Moroccan, but still manages to feel modern.

I love home decor and interior design. I feel like it goes hand in hand with fashion. It's hard to pick just one favorite item in our home, but at the moment it would have to be this 6 foot oil painting we found on Craig's List. It still has the tag from hanging in the Corocoran Gallery in DC!

caise
    March 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm

its so beautiful!

Latkes and Dim Sum
    March 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Pretty and fun! A favorite piece of mine is a sunburst mirror from Horchow – it really lights up the room!

Katherine
    March 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hi, sure! You can buy it here: http://www.gumps.com/p/tangier-table

HwalKeeChan by Angie
    March 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm

So different and beautiful. I'm currently looking for a new vanity. wanting something unique and eye popping like that! If you have any suggestions on where to find some, please let me know!

hwalkeechan.blogspot.com

The Jones
    March 13, 2012 at 4:03 pm

This is one of the most beautiful tables I've ever seen…I love the attention to detail and intricacy of the design! ANd the shape is just so pleasing to the eye. SOmeday I want to have an entire room in my house decorated in Moroccan style.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Ginger
    March 13, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Ohhh so touch by your choice, our Moroccan craft is becoming famous and I'm all proud of it!! Great choice !!
    Kisses from Agadir-Morocco
    Lamia

Lilli
    March 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Lovely table!:)

Sarah
    March 13, 2012 at 5:27 pm

That's a really beautiful table! I love Moroccan decor as well, it's so exotic. 🙂

keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

newpetite
    March 13, 2012 at 5:28 pm

That is a gorgeous table!!

LV
    March 13, 2012 at 5:28 pm

This is so beautiful! I love Moroccan decor.

Mary Ann
    March 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm

That's a gorgeous table – I can see why it makes you smile! I designed my coffee table and bookshelves and my Dad built them for me, then I painted them. 😉

Adele
    March 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm

The table is gorgeous! I've been to Morocco twice..it's one of the most amazing places I've been to…you should definitely go xoxo
    Happy Tuesday hun xoxo

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle
    March 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I was the same about decor–it just wasn't interesting to me…until one day it was. Now I try to block it out a bit so I can concentrate on my wardrobe, but I can always be persuaded to buy something for my house!

xo Mary Jo

Fabrizia
    March 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I like this post so much!!! This Maroccan table is amazing!!!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Enter the Romwe giveaway on my blog!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex"
    March 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Definitely beautiful! Love the design of the mother of pearl and bone inlay!

katattack2000
    March 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm

That is one beautiful table 🙂 Can't wait to see what you have in store when you actually by a house to decorate 🙂 I like candles and lamps!

katattack2000.wordpress.com

Eve
    March 13, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Love the octogon shape top. It's good feng shui! 🙂 Are you into feng shui?

Leena
    March 13, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I love home decor! You should check out one kings lane if you haven't already. My favorite home decor item is a lamp from Phoebe Howard.

Annabelle
    March 13, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Ooh, that's gorgeous. I don't know that I have any pieces that are quite that special, but I aspire to it!

chanello
    March 13, 2012 at 11:40 pm

OMG. I've been obsessing with the Alameda Flea Market recently since I saw this spectacular bird card for $125. I also live in a highrise apt and have ZERO space. SIGH. But I'm also too lazy to look and furnish a new house.

Doglover180
    March 14, 2012 at 3:14 am

Beautiful table! The next time you are in Hawaii you should check out Shangri La…the most spectacular home decorated in Islamic/Moroccan style that was once the home of the billionaries Doris Duke.

I just got back from a vacation to Hawaii last week as was finally able to see this place. Very inspirational!

QT
    March 14, 2012 at 5:15 am

Wow, i would love to have that table! 🙂

Maiken
    March 14, 2012 at 8:01 am

this tiny table looks absolutely wonderful! I know how you feel about decorating since I have my own house and we are overhauling it little by little.
    I also wanted to thank you for the comment you've left in my blog 🙂

Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi – part of me

Mrs C
    March 14, 2012 at 8:24 am

Beautiful table, Kat! My fav piece in my house has to be my coffee table too. It's huge and oh, my.. heavy! Looks so old but sturdy. The wood is thick and it comes with 4 black metal wheels. We nicknamed it The Stage for the size 😉

Great find!

RosaLovesDC
    March 14, 2012 at 9:55 am

Gorgeous table girl. I think that it's the perfect piece for you.

Lisa
    March 14, 2012 at 10:59 am

OMGGG this morrocan table is AMAZINGGGG KAT!! seriously gorgeous.. that would make such an amazing coffee table!

homestilo
    March 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Gorgeous inlay work and detail.

Chloe
    March 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Ooh it's gorgeous!! Interior design is a new interest of mine too 🙂

Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    March 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm

This is beautiful! The next country on my list is Morocco. I wonder if it's possible to ship something like this from there.

xJOLE
    March 14, 2012 at 5:23 pm

The inlay on this table is absolutely gorgeous. It must look amazing in the sunlight!

Samantha
    March 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm

LOVE that Moroccan table!! It is so cute and I understand why it makes you smile!! 🙂

xo, sam